Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 121
[Go to Part 1]
When Nations Fall
1. What are the righteous to do when nations collapse? Psalm 11:3
2. The wicked seek shelter from the destruction of Godís judgments where none can be found:
a. Samaria, Hosea 10:7-8; Israel, Isa. 2:19-21; Rome, Rev. 6:12-17.
b. Nations use diplomacy, alliances, military might, money, etc. to strengthen national security and objectives. All these protections fail the wicked nation, Psalm 33:10-17.
3. The righteous fear God, hope in His mercy, and wait on Him, Psalm 33:18-22.
I. WHAT CAN THE RIGHTEOUS DO WHEN NATIONS FALL? Psalm 11
A. Keep Trusting God, 11:1 (18:3); Psalm 62:1-2, 8, 9-12.
1. Lord knows our situation and will not leave us, Rev. 6:9-11; Heb. 13:5-6.
2. Godís earnest assurances in Christ, Rom. 8:31-39 (our faith).
3. Pray and praise, Psalm 61:1-2 (3-8).
B. Be Strong in the Lord, 11:2.
1. Satan tempts us to sin in moments of doubt, crisis, and chaos, Eph. 6:10-17; 1 Cor. 16:13.
2. Bear the fruit of the Spirit, not works of flesh, Gal. 5:19-26.
C. Submit Reverently to God, 11:4.
1. The Lord has not abdicated His rule of heaven and earth.
2. Keep silent before Him, Hab. 2:20 (Septuagint): ďLet all the earth fear before him,Ē Zeph. 1:7; Psalm 76:7-9; 46:10.
D. Be Ready for Godís Judgment, 11:5-7.
1. The Lordís truth and justice prevails, 11:5.
2. Punishment and reward dispensed properly, 11:6-7.
3. cf. Judgment against Jerusalem, Luke 17:23-37.
II. SAINTS REMAIN LOYAL TO THE LORD DURING PERIODS OF NATIONAL DECLINE.
A. Satan is Behind the Nations that Refuse God, Rev. 13:1-2.
1. Saints persevere / prevail thru faith in Christ, Rev. 12:10-12.
2. Know our enemy and be strong in the Lord, Eph. 6:10-13.
B. Our Citizenship is in Heaven, Phil. 3:20.
1. Do not be distracted by earthly citizenship.
2. Render to Caesar and be loyal to God, Matt. 22:21.
3. Pray for leaders, 1 Tim. 2:1-4.
4. Worship and serve the Lord, Heb. 12:28.
C. Saints Continue to be Salt and Light, Matt. 5:13-16; 1 Pet. 2:11-12
1. God pledged to Abraham He would not destroy Sodom if He found 10 righteous people there, but He didnít (Gen. 18:32).
2. Godís longsuffering toward this nation is our salvation if sinners will repent, 2 Pet. 3:15, 9.
1. Psalm 11:3: Courageous faith is necessary in the face of national turmoil and upheaval:
a. Trust in the Lord, 11:1.
b. Be strong in Him, 11:2.
c. God remains enthroned; Submit to Him, 11:4.
d. God sees and examines the good and the evil, 11:4-5.
e. With justice, God punishes the wicked and blesses the righteous, 11:6-7.
2. Put your treasures in
heaven, not the earth, Matt. 6:19-21.
3. Our help, protection, and salvation are in the Lord, Psalm 121.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted August 17, 2021