THEY HAD BEEN WITH JESUS
1. Acts 4:13 - The words and works of Peter & John said something about them - they had been with Jesus! - cf. Matt. 26:69-74
2. Fellowship w/ Christ: Matt. 12:30; Matt. 28:20; 1 Jno. 1:1-4.
3. What about us? Can people, by our words & works, know that we are with Jesus?
4. When we are "with" Jesus:
I. IT WILL BE NOTICED BY OTHERS. [morals, speech, associations, conduct, values, etc.]
· 1 Peter 4:1-4: Put on the mind of Christ & cease from sin / live for the will of God / reject moral decadence / Reaction of worldly people against you.
· Eph. 5:8-17 - For the safety of your soul!
· Matt. 5:10-16 - Blessed - Reward - Salt & light.....
· 1 Cor. 15:33-34 - Understand there is a drastic difference in spiritual values between you and those in the world - Do not be deceived!
II. OUR CONFIDENCE WILL BE PLACED IN CHRIST, NOT IN EARTHLY CREDENTIALS ("uneducated & untrained men").
· Matt. 10:16-20 - They had been trained by the Holy Spirit!
· Jno. 16:12-15 - We can take the inspired teachings of the apostles & be trained in the knowledge & wisdom of heaven!!
· "Credentials are everything to an evolutionist." (brother explaining why they emphasized human credentials of a preacher who taught on origins).
-cf. Acts 17:17-18: They ridiculed Pauls credentials, but they could not withstand his message!!
· 1 Cor. 2:1-5 - We must always emphasize the credibility of truth, not ourselves! - 1 Cor. 1:18-21
· Psa. 119:97-100 - Our wisdom is from truth - Wisdom from above!
· 2 Pet. 3:18 - Grow in grace & knowledge. Use knowledge of Gods word:
-With love (1 Cor. 8:1) / To save lost souls (2 Tim. 2:25-26) / Grow (1 Pet. 2:2).
III. WE WILL HAVE BOLDNESS IN CHRIST - Acts 4:13.
-(Boldness: "freedom in speaking, unreservedness in speech; openly, frankly, i.e. without concealment, without ambiguity...free and fearless confidence, cheerful courage, boldness, assurance the deportment by which one becomes conspicuous or secures publicity." - Thayer, Online Bible)
· Acts 3:16 - Through faith (Eph. 3:12-13; 1 Jno. 5:4-5 - Overcomes world!)
· Acts 4:23-30 (29) - Through prayer (Heb. 4:16 - The power of heaven is ours!).
· Acts 4:31, 33 - Through obedience (4:18-20).
· Heb. 10:35-36 - Great reward in boldness of an enduring faith!
· 2 Tim. 2:11-13:
-Die with Jesus (to sin) & you will live with Him. (Conversion)
-Endure with Him & we will reign with Him. (Faithfulness)
· They had been with Jesus: Is it being said of us now? .....Will it be said of us at the judgment day?