Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Romans 3:19-28
Why This Gospel Plan of Salvation?
1. The gospel plan of salvation is plain, powerful and purposeful.
2. Many false plans deceive and deny salvation.
3. What can we learn about the purposes that under gird the gospel plan of salvation? Why is it what it is?
I. WITHOUT HEARING THE GOSPEL SINNERS CANNOT LEARN OF SIN AND THE SAVIOR, Mk. 16:15 (Rom. 3:9, 19, 23).
A. We Must Depend on the Word of God for Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom and Faith, Psa. 119:105.
1. Must be taught God’s word, Psa. 119:33-34.
2. God does the teaching! Jno. 6:44-45 (Isa. 54:13)
B. When the Gospel is Heard One is Being Taught by Jesus Christ, Eph. 4:20-21; Eph. 1:13.
1. Acts 26:18, 22-23: When the apostle opened eyes to turn them from darkness (by gospel preaching, v. 18) it was the Christ who was proclaiming light to the lost (v. 23).
2. Cannot believe in the Christ unless you first hear of Him, Rom. 10:13-14. (That requires preaching by us! Rom. 10:15)
II. BELIEVE: DEVOTION TO JESUS (Jno. 8:23-25; 1:12).
A. Faith Without Works is Dead; Even so Faith that Saves is Faith that is now Devoted to Jesus (Jas. 2:26).
1. Before faith, we are disobedient, Titus 3:1-5.
2. Grace abounds “with faith and love” in Christ…those who believe will obtain mercy, 1 Tim. 1:12-16.
III. REPENT: MIND GIVEN TO JESUS (Lk. 13:3, 5).
A. The Mind of the Lost is Given Over to Sin, Eph. 2:1-3 (3); 4:17-19.
B. The Mind that Believes the Word of God Deliberately Changes:
1. Men of Nineveh believed God & repented, Lk. 11:32 (Jonah 3:4-5).
2. Sinners believed John’s preaching and were made sorry unto repentance (regretted), Matt. 21:28-32 (2 Cor. 7:10).
3. There is no conversion without heart change, Acts 26:20.
4. Repentance: Now live by the will of God, 1 Pet. 4:1-6.
IV. CONFESS FAITH: COMMITMENT OF LOYALTY TO JESUS (Rom. 10:9-10). [Acknowledge, agree with, assent, declare]
A. Confession of Faith Implies One Will Now Follow Jesus, cf. Jno. 21:15-19.
B. Confess Jesus before Men, Matt. 10:32-33;
1. In the presence of; in front of, cf. 1 Tim. 6:12.
2. What is the good confession? 1 Tim. 6:12-13
a. Jesus testified it before Pilate, cf. Jno. 18:33-38; 19:9-11.
b. King (authority), Truth, Freely giving Himself up to death.
3. He is the Christ, the Son of God, cf. Acts 8:36-37.
C. Confess that Jesus is Lord, Rom. 10:9. (Your Lord; the One to whom you submit yourself.)
V. BAPTISM: A NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS (Mk. 16:16).
A. No Christ, No Hope; Know Christ, Know Hope, Eph. 2:11-13.
1. In Christ: Have hope and are with God.
2. Baptism is the action of obedient faith that brings the sinner into Christ, Matt. 28:19; Gal. 3:27.
3. When one is “in Christ” he/she is a:
a. Member of His body, Acts 2:47 (church, Eph. 1:22-23).
b. Citizen of His kingdom, Col. 1:13.
c. Priest in God’s temple, 1 Pet. 2:5, 9.
d. Child in God’s family, Gal. 3:26, 29; 4:5-7; 1 Jno. 3:1-2 (an heir of eternal life!).
VI. FAITHFUL LIVING: BEING A DISCIPLE OF JESUS, Matt. 28:20.
A. Learning of and Living with Christ, Lk. 6:40, 46-49.
1. Continuing to learn and grow, cf. Eph. 4:20-24.
2. Giving all diligence to mature, 2 Pet. 1:5-11.
1. The plan of salvation does not demand that you know everything about Jesus and the Bible before you obey it.
2. The plan of salvation does not earn you the right to go to heaven (Tit. 3:4-5; Lk. 17:10).
3. The plan of salvation is God’s; and it saves you from your sins.
4. Come to Jesus and be saved (Matt. 11:28-30; Acts 4:12).