Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: John 7:10-18
Where Will You Find Jesus?
1. People look for Jesus in the wrong places (movies, TV, religious holidays, church traditions, books, history, art, etc.).
2. Why should you look for Jesus? Can you find Him?
a. Jesus came to “seek and save the lost” (Luke 19:10).
b. Lost must seek and find Him, Matt. 11:28-30 (Acts 4:12).
3. If you are looking for Jesus you can find Him and be saved.
I. WHERE YOU WILL NOT FIND JESUS TODAY.
A. You Won’t Find Jesus in Jewish Temple Keeping Law of Moses (LOM), Luke 2:42.
1. Jesus kept the LOM and its feasts; He lived under it, Matt. 26:18.
2. Jesus fulfilled and removed OT law with its shadows (incl. feasts), Matt. 5:17; Col. 2:13-17; Eph. 2:14-15; Heb. 7:18-19.
3. You will not find Jesus today by going back to the OT for your authority to serve God (cf. Sabbath, instru. music, etc.).
B. You Won’t Find Jesus in Men’s Religious Traditions, Luke 2:46-47.
1. Won’t find Him in a manger during Christmas services (Luke 2:16).
2. Won’t find Him on Easter at a “sunrise service” (Mark 16:2).
3. All such things are vain worship, John 4:24; Matt. 15:7-9.
C. You Won’t Find Jesus Among Relatives and Friends, Luke 2:44.
1. We love family and friends, but they are not the source of truth and salvation, Matt. 10:34-37 (cf. Peter, James, John, Luke 5:8-11).
2. A cost of discipleship is Christ before family, Luke 14:25-26, 33.
3. How can we find Jesus among those who do not follow Him?
D. You Won’t Find Jesus on a Throne in Jerusalem, Luke 2:45.
1. Premillennialism tries to find Jesus on a throne for 1000 yrs.
2. Christ: A priest and king at the same time, Zech. 6:12-13.
a. But, if He were on earth He would not be a priest, Heb. 8:4.
b. Therefore, His throne is not and never will be on earth.
3. But Jesus was born to be a king, John 18:37.
4. His kingdom is not of this world, John 18:36 (Luke 17:20-21).
5. His kingdom exists today, Col. 1:13; Rev. 1:9.
E. You Won’t Find Jesus in Worldly Wisdom, Luke 2:40, 46-47, 52.
1. His wisdom excels and is superior to ours in every way, Luke 11:31.
2. World’s wisdom will not bring you to Jesus (God), 1 Cor. 1:18-25.
3. Whose wisdom will you rely on for your eternal security: Your own, the world’s, or Jesus’s? Col. 2:8
II. WHERE YOU WILL FIND JESUS.
A. You Will Find Jesus in His Temple (the church) (not in the old Jewish temple), Luke 2:46.
1. That temple was destroyed by His authoritative judgment, Matt. 23:37-24:2.
2. Jesus has built the temple where you can find Him, His church (Matt. 16:18). You will find Him there, Eph. 2:19-22.
3. You will find Jesus exalted at the right hand of God, Acts 2:33 (all authority, Matt. 28:18).
a. You will find Him there as the Head of His body, Eph. 1:22-23.
b. You will find Him there as its Prophet, Acts 3:22-26.
c. You will find Him there as High Priest, Heb. 8:1-3; 10:21.
d. You will find Him there as King, Acts 2:33-36 (Ps. 110:1-2).
e. You will find Him there as its Savior of His church, Eph. 5:23.
B. You Will Find Jesus in the Scriptures, Luke 2:46-47.
1. We are invited to learn from Jesus, but how? (Matt. 11:29)
2. Through testimony of Scripture, John 5:39-40 (if willing, John 7:16-17). (John 20:30-31; Acts 17:11-12)
3. Jesus is the Word of truth that leads to God, John 14:6.
4. If refuse to hear His words we do not have God, John 8:46-47.
C. You Will Find Jesus Doing His Father’s Business, Luke 2:49 (John 8:29; 9:4). (Jesus will not bend to our will, Matt. 7:21-23.)
D. You Will Find Jesus When You Humbly, Sincerely and Earnestly Look for Him, Luke 2:48.
1. His parents looked for Him “anxiously” (intense pain, sorrow).
2. Look for Jesus with pure motives, John 6:25-27.
1. Look for Jesus where He will be found: In His word, in His church, and doing the Father’s will.
2. Will you look for Jesus by going where He may be found?
By: Joe R. Price
Posted June 22, 2022