Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 10:5-10
What Jesus Came To Do
1. Why did Jesus come to the world? (A general answer; More detail for a fuller faith).
2. Some want to depict Jesus as unsure, uncertain of who He was and why He was here. Nothing is farther from the truth! Jesus knew exactly who He was and what His purposes were for being here, cf. Lk. 2:49.
3. Jesus did not randomly appear on the earth. God’s sent His Son to fulfill His promises, in His time, and according to His purposes, Gal. 4:4-5.
4. Look at what Jesus said He came to do, and we will have our answer.
I. WHAT JESUS SAID HE CAME TO DO.
A. To Do the Father’s Will, Jno. 6:38.
1. Save, secure, and resurrect those given Him by Father, Jno. 6:39 (44-45).
2. Give believers resurrection unto everlasting life, Jno. 6:40 (5:29).
3. He did not act independent of the Father; He endeavored to obey what the Father said (His will), Jno. 5:30.
4. This is how we do the Father’s will, Matt. 7:21.
B. To Fulfill the Law and the Prophets, Matt. 5:17-18.
1. Jesus was the aim/purpose (outcome) of the law, Rom. 10:4.
a. Law was added to the promise until the Seed came, Gal. 3:19.
b. Christ sinlessly kept the law; Offering for our sins, Rom. 8:3-4.
2. Now the LOM not binding; Children of God by faith, Gal. 3:24-26.
3. Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of the OT, Lk. 24:44-47.
4. We can and must put our faith in Him as the Savior (Acts 17:2-4).
C. To Seek and Save the Lost, Matt. 18:11-14 (Lk. 19:9-10).
1. World condemned in sin; Jesus came to save, Jno. 3:17.
2. Jesus was always searching for lost souls to save (Lk. 15).
3. He was on a seek and save mission, not a seek and destroy mission, (Lk. 9:56).
D. To Preach the Gospel, Mk. 1:38-39.
1. The gospel, Lk. 4:16-21 (Isa. 61:1-2).
2. The gospel of the kingdom of God, Lk. 4:43.
E. To be a Ransom for Mankind, Matt. 20:28.
1. A redemption price that loosens (frees) us from sin’s bondage.
2. An offering for sin, Heb. 10:5-7, 9-10.
3. Voluntarily given, Jno. 10:17-18.
4. Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, 1 Pet. 1:18-19 (Phil. 2:8).
F. To Bring Conflict to the World, Matt. 10:34-39.
1. His message was/is so radical that it is met with resistance.
2. The “sword” figurative of the battle we wage when we follow Jesus (1 Tim. 6:12).
G. For Judgment, Jno. 9:39.
1. Decision time (krima, a decision, to distinguish), Matt. 22:42.
2. Listen to and accept the evidence (truth) about Jesus, Jno. 9:27; 8:23-24; 12:48.
H. To Give Abundant Life, Jno. 10:10 (quantity and quality).
1. Living water, Jno. 4:13-14 (Isa. 55:1). Refresh the soul.
2. Bread of life, Jno. 6:33-35, 57-58. Feed on Jesus for eternal life.
I. To be Light in this Dark World of Sin, Jno. 12:46 (8:12).
1. Life He gives is true light that is not extinguished, Jno. 1:4-5.
2. Light that shows the way out of sin, Jno. 8:12 (11).
3. Seize His light and walk (live) by it, Jno. 12:35-36 (1 Thess. 5:5-6).
1. Jesus executed and accomplished all He came to do, Jno. 17:4; 19:30.
2. Now, we must live faithfully to Jesus and fulfill the will of the Father in our own lives, Phil. 2:12-13 (2 Thess. 1:11-12; Heb. 13:21).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted July 2, 2019