Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 6:10-13
What the Devil Wants
1. We wrestle against the devil and the forces of evil, Eph. 6:12.
-Wrestling: a contest between two in which each tries to throw the other, and which is decided when the victor is able to hold his opponent down with his hand upon his neck.
2. The devil wants to find a place in hearts and lives to dominate and destroy lives and souls.
3 He gains his advantage when we do not know his tactics, 2 Cor. 2:11 (like a wrestler, anticipate his next move, counter, triumph).
4. What the devil wants.
I. THE DEVIL WANTS YOU – ALL OF YOU, 1 Pet. 5:8.
A. cf. Judas, Jno. 13:2, 27; Peter, Lk. 22:31-34; Elymas and Sergius Paulus, Acts 13:10 (8)
B. The Devil Wants…
1. Lies where there should be truth, Jno. 8:44.
a. He wants us to reject honesty (be liars), Eph. 4:25.
b. He wants us to reject the truth of God’s word, Jno. 8:45-47 (8:37-38, 31-32).
-Gird your loins with truth- (Eph. 6:14)
2. Darkness where there should be light, 2 Cor. 4:3-4.
a. Light that exposes evil has come into the world, Jno. 3:19-21.
b. Christians are light in the Lord, Eph. 5:8 (walk as children of light).
-Shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Eph. 6:15)
3. A place to stand where no ground should be given, Eph. 4:27. (Wants opportunity, foothold, occasion to act)
a. Give no place for sin, Eph. 4:25-26 (2 Cor. 2:11).
-Satan wants to sift you like wheat and render you useless.
b. Stand fast in the faith, 1 Cor. 16:13; Col. 2:6-7.
-Shield of faith- (Eph. 6:16)
4. Confusion where there should be order, 1 Cor. 14:33 (instability, a state of disorder, disturbance).
a. Wisdom from above: Good conduct in meekness, Jas. 3:13.
b. Self-seeking: Bitter envy, boasting, lying…confusion of evil, Jas. 3:14-16.
-Breastplate of righteousness- (Eph. 6:14) –Integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correct thinking, feeling, and acting.
5. Peace where there should be war, Jer. 6:14.
a. War against the world, sin, and error, 2 Cor. 10:3-5.
b. The separating effect of truth and godly living, Matt. 10:34 (Lk.12:51).
-Whole armor of God, to stand- (Eph. 6:13)
6. War where there should be peace, Jas. 4:1.
-Conflict and strife among brethren, Gen. 13:8; Rom. 12:16-18, 19-21.
-Praying always…watchful…all perseverance- (Eph. 6:18)
7. Senselessness to abound when people should come to their senses, 2 Tim. 2:24-26. (foolishness)
-Being corrected by truth calms the spirit and restores sober thinking and careful living, Eph. 5:15.
-Helmet of salvation- (Eph. 6:17)
8. Tolerance toward sin where there should be resistance, Jas. 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:9.
a. Humility cures worldliness, Jas. 4:6-10.
b. Devil resisted “in the faith,” not in opinions, Jude 3; Gal. 2:4-5.
-Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might- (Eph. 6:10)
1. Christians are in a battle against the devil. Our enemy is cunning, crafty, deceptive and powerful (Eph. 6:11-12; 2:2).
wants our surrender instead of taking a stand,
Eph. 6:11, 13.
-Sword of the Spirit- (Eph. 6:17)
3. Victory is assured in Jesus (1 Jno. 3:8; Rev. 12:9-11).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted November 19, 2020