Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 5:15-21
Walk in Wisdom
1. Eph. 5:1-7: Walk in love as Christ loved us (imitate God).
2. Eph. 5:8-14: Walk in light (acceptable to God; Fellowship).
3. Eph. 5:15-21: Walk in wisdom (carefully).
I. WALK IN WISDOM, Eph. 5:15-21.
A. Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom, Prov. 9:10.
1. Fools despise wisdom and knowledge, Prov. 1:7.
2. We must be careful how we walk: Paul ďwants them to examine the degree of their carefulness in life. Exact, complete; used in Lk. 1:3; cf. 2 Tim. 3:10.
II. HOW TO WALK IN WISDOM.
A. Wisdom Redeems the Time, Eph. 5:16.
-The days are evil, Eph. 6:12.
-Wisdom makes the most of its opportunities, Jno. 4:34-35.
B. Wisdom Understands the Will of the Lord, Eph. 5:17; 3:3-4.
-Donít be foolish (cf. Phil. 1:9-11)
C. Wisdom is Filled with the Spirit, Eph. 5:18; Gal. 5:16-17.
1. Under the control of the Spirit, Lk. 1:15; Acts 6:3.
2. Not drunk (intoxicated) with wine, Prov. 20:1.
-Waste, excess, riot, 1 Pet. 4:3.
3. Sober thinking, godly example and influence, Tit. 2:6-8.
D. Wisdom Worships (speaks to each other in song), Eph. 5:19.
1. Does not speak in lies, out of anger, etc., Eph. 4:25-26.
2. Gracious, edifying words (necessary), Eph. 4:29.
3. Without malice; Forgiving and compassionate, Eph. 4:31-32
4. ďÖin spirit singing our happy gratitude to God our Father. This we are to do in happy harmony. No rivalry, no self-exaltation, no devisive (sic) pride is to interfere.Ē
5. Worship is a wise redemption of our time (5:16).
E. Be Thankful Always for All Things, Eph. 5:20.
- ďUnder the divine control even painful experiences, calamities, etc., must bring us spiritual benefits such as driving us closer to God to seek his protection, making us search his Word more earnestly for comfort, etc.Ē
1. We must learn contentment, Phil. 4:11; 1 Tim. 6:6-10.
2. We must trust God, Heb. 13:5-6.
F. Submit to One Another in the Fear of God, Eph. 5:21.
1. Subordinate yourself to each other, 1 Pet. 5:5; Phil. 2:3-4.
2. Fear of God: Loving devotion to please Him, Eph. 5:10.
3. What a wise thing it is when each one serves the other.
1. Acquire truth, wisdom, knowledge and understanding, and do not relinquish it, Prov. 23:23.
2. Wisdom respects the uncertainty of time (5:16), it learns the will of the Lord (5:17), it lives under the control of Godís Spirit (5:18), it worships in spirit and truth (5:19), it is always thankful (5:20), and it submits to fellow Christians in the fear of God (5:21).
 Lenski, R. C. H. (1937). The interpretation of St. Paulís Epistles to the Galatians, to the Ephesians and to the Philippians (p. 613). Columbus, O.: Lutheran Book Concern.
 Lenski, R. C. H. (1937). The interpretation of St. Paulís Epistles to the Galatians, to the Ephesians and to the Philippians (p. 623). Columbus, O.: Lutheran Book Concern.
 Lenski, R. C. H. (1937). The interpretation of St. Paulís Epistles to the Galatians, to the Ephesians and to the Philippians (p. 622). Columbus, O.: Lutheran Book Concern.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: February 17, 2018