THE WAY OF SALVATION
1. "Way" - A traveled road, metaph., a course of conduct, a way (i.e. manner) of thinking, feeling, deciding (Online Bible).
2. We are warned about: The broad way (Matt. 7:13), wayside (Mk. 4:4, 15), way of Balaam (2 Pet. 2:15) & the way of Cain (Jude 11).
3. We are urged to walk in: The narrow way (Matt. 7:13-14), way of righteousness (Matt. 21:32; 2 Pet. 2:21), way of peace (Lk. 1:79), way of escape (1 Cor. 10:13) & way of truth (2 Pet. 2:2).
4. Jer. 6:16-17, 18:15 - Old paths, good way, ancient paths & highway.
5. Jesus is our "Way" to the Father - Jno. 14:4-6; Heb. 10:19-22.
6. Doesn't surprise us that Christianity is called "the Way" in NT.
I. CHRISTIANS (Who Are In The Way Of Salvation)
A. Are Known By Others To Be Christians - Acts 9:2.
1. By your behavior - Jno. 13:34-35; Matt. 5:13-16.
a. Honorable (honest, conspicuously noble, admirable) - 1 Pet. 2:11-12.
b. Pure - 1 Pet. 3:1-2.
c. Good conscience, above reproach - 1 Pet. 3:16.
2. By your associations - Acts 9:2 (1 Pet. 4:4).
B. Are Servants Of The Most High God - Acts 16:17; cf. Lk. 17:10; Matt. 25:40.
C. Proclaim The Way Of Salvation To Others - Acts 16:17; 8:4; 2 Cor. 5:11, 14, 20.
D. Are Saved From Their Sins - Acts 16:17; Rom. 3:23; 6:23, 17-18.
E. Are Instructed Accurately In Truth - Acts 18:25-26.
1. To come to Christ we must learn of Him - Matt. 11:28-30; Jno. 6:45.
2. Accurate teaching is essential to be right with God! - 18:26.
a. For faith - Rom. 10:17.
b. For knowledge of truth & discipleship - Jno. 8:31-32.
F. Are Believers Who Keep Open & Humble Hearts - Acts 19:8-10.
1. Good & honest hearts needed - Lk. 8:15.
2. Be faithful regardless of what the crowd says or does! - 19:9
G. Are Not Ashamed Of The Commotion Caused By The Gospel - Acts 19:23 (Rom. 1:16; 1 Pet. 3:13-14).
1. The gospel disrupts the comfort of sin & disturbs those who are at peace with sin & error!
2. Acts 20:1 - Paul didn't leave until the uproar had stopped!
H. Will Be Mocked & Misrepresented, But Will Persevere - Acts 24:14. (Matt. 5:11)
1. Not a sect of Judaism a new & living way! - Heb. 10:20
2. Offer true worship to God - Jno. 4:21-24.
I. Desire Others To Combine Their Knowledge of Christ With Faith To Obey The Gospel Of Christ - Acts 24:22-25.
1. Felix knew about the Way, but unwilling to walk in the Way!
2. A hardened heart, delight in his own sin, impure motives - These will always prevent faith & obedience!
3. Acts 26:27-29 - Earnest desire of every Christian is the salvation of others!
1. The Way of salvation is before us. Jesus makes the journey possible. You have to walk the path - the way - of righteousness.
2. Start / continue your journey now!