Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Exodus 14:10-14
1. Christians are exhorted to press forward, Phil. 3:12-14.
2. Sometimes, in order to press onward we must first stand still.
I. STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD.
A. Israel at the Rea Sea: Saved by Grace through Faith, Exo. 14:13.
1. From faithless fear to obedient faith, 14:11-12, 31.
a. God had led Israel out of Egypt with a mighty hand, yet Israel did not believe, Psa. 106:7-12.
b. God’s grace would save them, 14:13, 30.
c. Israel’s faith was necessary: “go forward”, 14:15-16, 22, 29.
2. God troubled and then destroyed the Egyptians, 14:24-28.
B. Judah against Ammon, Moab and Edom: To the Victor Goes the Spoils, 2 Chrn. 20:1, 10, 15-17.
1. King Jehoshaphat led the people in prayer and praise, 20:3-13.
2. King exhorted Judah to believe God…His prophets, 20:20.
3. Judah responded with praise, 20:21-22.
4. Enemy defeated by God, great spoils to Judah and fear of God was on the nations, 20:22-30.
C. Lessons for Us:
1. We are powerless against the enemies of sin and death, Rom. 7:24.
a. Grace: Without strength, Christ died for ungodly, Rom. 5:6-8.
b. Victory is in Jesus Christ, Rom. 7:25-8:1 (1 Cor. 15:55-57).
c. Faith: Believe and be baptized, Gal. 3:26-27.
2. God abundantly blesses His people, 2 Chrn. 20:25-26; Eph. 1:3; 3:20.
3. All the glory goes to God, Exo. 15:1-3; Rev. 15:1-4.
II. STAND STILL AND CONSIDER THE WONDROUS WORKS OF GOD, Job 37:14.
A. Consider the Elements under God’s Control and See God’s Majesty, Job 37:14-18 (36:24-37:18); Acts 14:17.
1. Now, man thinks he controls the climate; that governments can dictate the weather of the earth.
2. Consider and be humbled, not arrogant, Job 36:22-23.
B. Consider the Heavens and Marvel at Humanity, Psa. 8:3-9.
1. Our significance comes from God who created us, Gen. 1:26-27.
2. To reject the Creator and man as His creation is to reject our birthright! This leads to still further degeneration of humanity, Rom. 1:18-25.
III. COMMAND THE CHARIOT TO STAND STILL, Acts 8:38.
A. Stop Whatever You are Doing and be Saved Now, Acts 8:35-39.
1. Obey the gospel and become a Christian, Acts 16:33.
2. To repent and return to faithfulness, Lk. 15:17-20.
3. Procrastination is the tool of the devil to keep you in sin, doubt, despair, uncertainty and death. 2 Cor. 6:2, 17-18
a. Today: Hear His voice; do not harden your heart, Heb. 3:7.
b. Today: Exhort one another, Heb. 3:13. cf. Acts 2:40
1. Jesus calms the storms of life, “Peace, be still!” Mk. 4:39
2. In Christ, the fear of death becomes the shout of victory and salvation!
a. “…the horse and its rider He has thrown into the sea!” Exo. 15:21
b. The reward of heaven is freely given to us in Christ.
c. You must “stand still” – then obey Jesus now and always – to be saved “by grace, through faith”.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: February 9, 2013