Topical Sermons Power Point Show (#1) Power Point Show (#2)
Scripture Reading: Romans 3:21-26
SINNERS, THE SAVIOR AND THE SAVED
1. Sometimes people say God is unfair by condemning those who have never heard about Jesus Christ; Worldly thinking, Rom. 3:5.
2. God puts all under command to repent & will judge the world, Acts 17:30-31.
3. Is God to be blamed when sinners are lost? No. Jno. 3:16-17
I. SINNERS ARE LOST.
A. Sinners are Lost Due to Their Own Sin.
1. All people everywhere are sinners, Rom. 3:23, 9.
2. Therefore, all people everywhere are lost in sin.
B. All People are Under Law to God, Rom. 4:15.
1. If not, then they are not sinners; but, all have sinned.
2. Therefore, all are under law to God (1 Jno. 3:4).
C. The Existence of Sin in the World, Rom. 5:12-14.
1. Death spread to all because all sinned, 5:12.
2. Sin imputed to all, because all were (are) under divine law, 5:13 (2:12-13; cf. Gen. 6:5).
a. Gentile world heaped in sin, Rom. 1:18-23 (without excuse).
b. Jewish world heaped in sin, Rom. 2:1, 12 (no escape).
c. All sinners spiritually dead (separated from God), Gen. 2:17; Col. 1:21.
3. Death reigned from Adam to Moses, Rom. 5:14.
4. Now, all are under law to Christ (Matt. 28:18; 1 Cor. 9:21).
D. When We Reach Moral Capacity toward God & Man, We are Responsible for Our Own Sin before God, Rom. 7:7-12.
1. Law is not at fault, 7:7 (Jas. 1:13).
2. Law identifies sin, 7:7 (Rom. 3:20).
3. Law cannot save sinners, Rom. 3:19-20.
4. Salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ, not through the deeds of the law, Rom. 3:21-26, 27-28.
E. God Will Judge the World, Acts 17:31; Rom. 2:16.
1. A righteous judgment, acc. to truth, is coming (17:31); Rom. 2:2, 4.
2. God is not unjust to inflict wrath against sinners, Rom. 3:3-6.
3. God has provided & revealed salvation for all sinners.
4. God is not to be blamed for loving sinners & providing a way of escape! Rom. 5:6-11
II. THE SAVIOR, Lk. 19:10; Matt. 18:11; 20:28 (seek, save & serve).
A. Died for All Sinners, Jno. 3:16-17; 1 Tim. 2:6 (4:10).
1. God’s gift of salvation is available (given) to all sinners in Christ, Rom. 5:15 (Eph. 2:8-9; by grace…through faith); 2 Tim. 1:9.
2. Grace is greater than sin; grace reigns in righteousness through Jesus Christ our Lord, Rom. 5:19-21.
B. The Just (Sinless) for the Unjust (Sinful), 1 Pet. 3:18.
1. God was in Christ “reconciling the world” to Himself, 2 Cor. 5:18-21.
a. The world was alienated from God due to sin.
b. Jesus is the means of removing the sin that separates.
2. The word of reconciliation (gospel) commands: “Be reconciled to God” (5:20).
C. Jesus Will Completely Save those who Come to God through Him, Heb. 7:25 (Jno. 1:29).
III. THE SAVED.
A. Sinners are Saved through Faith in Jesus Christ, Acts 16:29-30.
1. God is rich (in grace) to all who call upon Him, Rom. 10:4-13.
2. God’s plan of salvation saves lost sinners, Mk. 16:15-16.
a. Hear the gospel, Rom. 10:17.
b. Believe in Jesus Christ, Mk. 16:16 (Jno. 8:23-24; Matt. 10:32).
c. Confess faith, Matt. 10:32 (Rom. 10:9-10).
d. Repent of sins, Acts 17:30.
e. Be baptized, Mk. 16:16; 1 Pet. 3:21.
f. Be faithful, Rom. 12:1-2 (6:18).
3. Saving faith is an obedient faith.
B. Those who Do Not Obey Jesus will Die in their Sins.
1. The urgency to take the gospel to the lost, Matt. 28:19 (Rom. 10:13-17).
2. God takes no pleasure in the death of sinners, Ezek. 18:30-32.
1. God is not to blame for men’s sin & death, Rom. 1:18-23; 3:1-4.
2. God is saving the lost through Jesus Christ & His gospel, Rom. 1:16-17; 3:23-27; 11:36.
3. We all have been or now are dead in sins, Eph. 2:1-5.
4. Those who are perishing are blinded from the light of truth & Christ by Satan & by sin, 2 Cor. 4:1-5.