Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Ezekiel 22:23-31
I Searched for a Man
1. God looked for a man who would ďstand in the gapĒ to protect His people from defilement and His sure wrath against sin, Ezek. 22:30 (Psalm 106:23).
2. God still looks for godly men in a godless world.
3. A man can be Godís man in todayís world, Titus 2:1-2, 6-8.
4. Donít be fooled by the worldís definition of a man; Not Godís man.
I. THE WORLDíS VIEW OF A REAL MAN.
A. Legal Age (18 or 21 years; cf. 1 Kings 12:6-8).
B. Physical Strength (virile, muscular, fit, ďmight makes rightĒ).
1. Will not always be so, but no less a man (Ps. 71:9; Prov. 20:29).
2. cf. Samson: Strong, yet foolish.
C. Wealth (money-making ability; Luke 12:15; cf. 9:58).
D. Machismo (tough-guy, shows a prideful heart, Prov. 21:4; 16:18).
1. ďIím my own man and nobody is going to tell me what to do.Ē
2. This ďmanĒ hasnít yet learned that we are all under authority to someone or something (Matt. 8:9).
E. Gender Fluidity, Gen. 1:27 (cf. Deut. 22:5).
II. SHOW YOURSELF A MAN, 1 Kings 2:1-3.
A. Godís Man is Strong in Faith, 2:2 (cf. Josh. 1:6, 7, 9).
1. Moral courage, the fortitude of faith, not physical prowess, marks Godís man, 1 Cor. 16:13 (cf. 2 Pet. 1:5).
2. Are challenged daily (family, work, friends, temptations, etc.).
3. Godís man wears the shield of faith (Eph. 6:16).
B. Godís Man is Obedient, 2:3.
1. Humble, obedient faith that follows Godís ways marks Godís man, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
2. Wise and solid foundation for life, Matt. 7:24-25.
C. Godís Man is Responsible, 2:3.
1. Keeps the charge of the Lord: Godís man knows he is a steward of the blessings and gifts of God, cf. 1 Cor. 4:1-2.
2. Accepts his role and work: Holds himself accountable; he does not blame others when he bears responsibility, Gal. 6:4-5.
3. Dependable, reliable, and trustworthy: Wife? Children? Parents? Co-workers? Church? God?
III. GOD IS LOOKING FOR A MAN, Jer. 5:1; Isa. 66:2.
A. Who is Just and Fair, Jer. 5:1.
1. Godís man does not promote himself at the expense of others; He is not oppressive.
2. He is honest, equitable and just in his treatment of others; does not surrender his integrity:
a. Toward his wife, 1 Pet. 3:5-7.
b. Toward his children, Col. 3:21.
c. Toward his word in business, etc., Psalm 15:4-5.
B. Who Seeks and Defends Truth, 5:1 (Ezek. 22:30).
1. Shuns evil, pursues truth and righteousness, 1 Tim. 6:11-12.
2. Conforms himself to word of God, 2 Tim. 3:16-17 (2 Tim. 2:15).
C. Who Blesses Others, 5:1.
1. Godís man is committed to the welfare of others, Gal. 6:1-2.
2. His example and influence helps those around him (1 Pet. 2:12).
D. Who Knows His Limitations and Puts His Faith in God, Isa. 66:2.
1. Godís man is humble and merciful of heart, which governs his conduct before God and toward others, Micah 6:6-8.
2. Knows he is a man before Almighty God, Psalm 8:4, 9.
1. There is no man who has not sinned in these matters, 1 Kings 8:46.
2. God provides forgiveness; men should reverence Him, Ps. 130:3-4.
3. Whose man will you be: The worldís or Godís?
By: Joe R. Price
Posted July 26, 2022