Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 11:12-15
THE "GOOD" SATAN DOES
1. Of course, there is nothing good in Satan or about what he does, Jno. 8:44.
2. But, the deceiver pretends much good, 2 Cor. 11:14-15 (2:11).
3. Satan comes among the sons of God (Job 1:6-7):
a. He came to Jesus to tempt Him, Matt. 4:3.
b. He comes to tempt us, Jas. 1:14-16; Blessed by enduring, 1:12.
4. Satan often disguises himself in good deeds; we must be vigilant.
I. HE ATTENDS EVERY WORSHIP SERVICE (Heb. 10:25; cf. Job 1:6).
A. His Motive for Being Present is Evil; what is Our Motive?
1. Gladness & joyful worship? Psa. 122:1; Jno. 4:24; Heb. 13:15
2. Grudging presence? 1 Jno. 5:3; cf. 2 Cor. 9:7
B. When Satan Attends Worship His Conduct is Disruptive, Job 1:7.
1. What about our conduct?
2. Reverent in attitude & conduct, cf. Neh. 8:5-6; Acts 2:42.
3. Are we truly worshiping: Singing? Praying? Giving? LS? Word?
4. Or, is Satanís presence causing you to offer vain, sinful worship?
II. HE ATTENDS EVERY ELDERS MEETING (or Men's Business Meeting).
A. He Tries to Destroy the Leadership of an Eldership, Heb. 13:7, 17.
1. By dividing elders among themselves, Acts 20:29-31.
2. By promoting a Diotrephes attitude, 3 Jno. 9-11 (1 Pet. 5:2-3).
3. By tempting brethren not to follow the rule of scriptural elders.
a. By false & unfounded charges, 1 Tim. 5:19-20.
b. By murmuring against them, 1 Ths. 5:13.
c. By ďchoosing sidesĒ rather than unity in Christ (1 Cor. 1:12-13).
B. Menís Business Meetings are Often the Devilís Workshop.
1. All levels of spiritual maturity; must build consensus to work together, etc.
2. More & more are advocating women in business meetings rather than male leadership, 1 Tim. 2:8, 11-12.
III. HE ATTENDS EVERY BIBLE CLASS.
A. He Promotes Wrong Attitudes toward & Wrong Use of Godís Word.
-(Remember, the devil talks about God & quotes scripture, too!)
1. Argumentative, 2 Tim. 2:14, 23. (Playing the ďdevilís advocateĒ)
2. Raises doubts & stumbling blocks, Matt. 18:6-7; Rom. 16:17.
3. Tries to usurp control of class, cf. 1Tim. 2:12.
-Our study must be for Godís approval, not the devilís! (2 Tim. 2:15)
IV. HE VISITS EVERY HOME (Josh. 24:15).
A. He Sits at Every Dinner Table. (Do you give thanks? The devil doesnít! 1 Tim. 4:4-5; cf. Acts 27:33-36)
B. He Offers Every form of Evil Entertainment, Eph. 5:8-11 (1 Cor. 15:33-34). (Devil says it will not harm & hurt you!)
C. He is Present during Every Disagreement, cf. Eph. 4:25-27.
V. HE IS ZEALOUS & DILIGENT IN HIS WORK, 1 Pet. 5:8.
A. He Will Use Every Situation Against You; cf. 2 Cor. 12:7.
1. To discourage you (cf. 12:8).
2. To cause you to doubt Godís power & presence (cf. 12:9-10).
3. To undermine your faith (Jas. 1:2-3).
4. In every situation we must see & do Godís will, having faith that His purposes will prevail, Rom. 8:31, 37 (31-39).
1. Ignorance of the devilís devices is fertile soil for him to wreck havoc upon your soul (2 Cor. 2:11).
2. Watch & pray to not enter temptation (Matt. 26:41).
3. The armor of God protects us, but we must put on the armor (Eph. 6:10-17).