Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 2:6-11
Do Not Be Ignorant of Satan's Devices
1. Satan is real, and his objective clear, Job 1:6; 1 Pet. 5:8-9.
2. Christ has not left us without intelligence on our enemy, 2 Cor. 2:11.
3. Paul said Christians are not to be ignorant of the devilís devices (purposes, disposition, mind).
4. Yet, Christians fall into the traps Satan sets to destroy our souls.
5. By understanding His devices, we are equipped to resist the devil, and find Godís ways of escape when we are tempted, Jas. 4:7; 1 Cor. 10:13; Eph. 6:11.
I. LIES UNDERGIRD ALL OF SATANíS PURPOSES, John 8:44.
A. He Lies about God, Gen. 3:1-5. (About His word, His Son, His purposes, etc.)
B. He Lies about People, Job 1:9-11.
C. He Lies about Christianity, Acts 28:22.
-We must see through his lies and love truth more, Phil. 1:9-11; 2 Thess. 2:9-12.
II. THE FLESH, Romans 8:5-8.
A. "Missing out on life!" (Heb. 11:25)
1. Wicked boast in their heartís desire, and do not think about God, cf. Psa. 10:3-4.
2. Will not ďmiss outĒ on the destruction, despair, and corruption the flesh brings, 1 Jno. 2:15-17; Gal. 6:7-8.
B. Crucify the Flesh, Bear Fruit of the Spirit, Gal. 5:16-17, 22-24.
1. Abstain from fleshly lusts that war against soul, 1 Pet. 2:11.
2. Damages your soul, your self-image, your relationships, etc.
III. DOUBT, James 1:5-8.
A. The Lie of Trusting in Yourself (man's wisdom, feelings, emotions, philosophies, etc.), Col. 2:8.
B. He Casts Doubt on the Bible as Absolute Truth, Jno. 14:6; 2 Tim. 3:15-17.
1. Satan wants you to rely on reason, common sense, experience and feelings instead of on Scripture, Isa. 55:8-9.
a. How to be saved.
b. Bible patterns (authority, CENI) for worship, organization, and work of the local church.
c. Moral and doctrinal purity, 1 Tim. 5:22; 2 Tim. 2:19.
2. Godís word must inform our attitudes and opinions, our consciences, our words and our actions, Psa. 119:105.
IV. SUFFERING, 1 Peter 5:9.
A. Discouragement, Despair, Hopelessness, Helplessness, etc.
1. Physical suffering, cf. Job 2:3-10.
2. Persecution for your faith, 1 Pet. 1:6-7.
3. Real or perceived injuries, Lk. 15:28-32 (2 Cor. 2:6-8).
4. Cast all your anxieties upon Christ, 1 Pet. 5:6-7.
1. Make no mistake about it, the devil plans to lead you into eternal destruction.
2. Do not be ignorant of his devices. (2 Cor. 2:11)
3. Continued in Part 2.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: January 8, 2018