Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 4:1-6
Satan, the God of...
1. Satan (Adversary) deceives the whole world, Rev. 12:9.
2. His lies are so strong and so convincing that many sell their souls to the devil thinking that they serve God, cf. Jno. 16:2.
3. We must know our enemy, 2 Cor. 2:11. He is defeated in Christ.
I. SATAN IS THE GOD OF THIS WORLD.
A. He Rules Over All things that Oppose God, 2 Cor. 4:3-4.
1. World: Cosmos of evil.
a. Perishing due to spiritual blindness from rejecting gospel, 2 Cor. 4:3-4.
b. Composed of sin's lustful desires, 1 Jno. 2:15-16.
2. We wrestle against these spiritual hosts of wickedness, 2 Cor. 10:3; Eph. 6:10-13.
3. Love Christ, not the world, Col. 3:1-5.
a. The world is passing away along with its lusts, 1 Jno. 2:17.
b. He who is in us is stronger than Satan, 1 Jno. 4:4.
II. SATAN IS THE GOD OF LIES, Jno. 8:44.
A. All Liars have their Place in the Lake of Fire, Rev. 21:8.
1. Devil (accuser, slanderer): Slanders God to man and man to God.
2. Word of Christ is truth; Abide in it, Jno. 8:31-32.
3. Always speak truth, Eph. 4:25.
III. SATAN IS THE GOD OF PRIDE, 1 Tim. 3:6.
A. He Arrogantly Says, "You will not surely die", Gen. 3:4 (Rom. 6:23).
1. The true God gives grace to the humble, while He resists and defeats the prideful, Jas. 4:5-10.
2. Resist the devil by being humble.
IV. SATAN IS THE GOD OF IMMORALITY, 1 Jno. 2:16.
A. He Entices through the Flesh, Jas. 1:13-16.
1. Immoral shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven, Gal. 5:19-21.
2. Immoral people are saved by the gospel, 1 Cor. 6:9-11.
V. SATAN IS THE GOD OF ERROR (FALSE DOCTRINE), 2 Cor. 11:13-15.
A. He Hates the Truth of the Gospel, 2 Cor. 11:2-3.
1. He slanders, compromises and perverts truth, convinces people (including Christians) that truth is evil, 2 Cor. 11:4 (Isa. 5:20)
2. We must stand upon the truth of the Bible; it is solid ground, Matt. 7:24-29; Jas. 1:25.
VI. SATAN IS THE GOD OF PAIN AND SORROW, Prov. 13:15.
A. He Promises Freedom but Gives Only Bondage and Death, 2 Pet. 2:19.
1. Sin brought sickness, pain and death to us all, Gen. 3:16-19.
2. Promises pleasure, but it is only temporary, Heb. 11:25.
3. Eternal pain and punishment is his fate and all who serve him, Matt. 25:41.
1. The Lord gives us spiritual armor to wear for the battle and the assurance of victory in Christ, Eph. 6:10-17; Rev. 17:14.
2. Remember: the devil is a coward before Christ and His saints: "Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (Jas. 4:7)
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: April 3, 2015