Power Point Show MP3 audio - No Audio file
Scripture Reading: 1 Timothy 1:12-16
Salvation: Delivered from Danger
1. When in danger we desperately want deliverance! Same should be true about spiritual danger and salvation.
2. Salvation: General term denoting deliverance, then the preservation which deliverance obtains; To rescue, to obtain safety.
3. At the heart of the gospel is Godís love for mankind that motivated His plan to save sinners, 2 Tim. 1:9.
a. Jesus, Matt. 1:21; 18:11; 1 Tim. 1:15.
b. Jesus has the power to deliver sinners from sin, Acts 4:12.
4. You also have a part you in your salvation, Acts 2:40; Phil. 2:12.
I. WHAT SALVATION IS.
A. Salvation is Deliverance from:
1. Physical bondage and oppression, Exo. 14:13.
2. Personal danger:
a. At sea, Acts 27:34.
b. Prison, Phil. 1:19.
c. Flood, Heb. 11:7.
3. Spiritual danger:
a. Sinís death (alienation from God), Eph. 2:5.
b. Sinís wrath, Rom. 5:9; 1 Ths. 1:10.
B. The Great Salvation of God, Heb. 2:3 (magnitude, vast and mighty).
1. Salvation is only in Jesus Christ, Acts 4:12; Heb. 2:10; 7:25.
2. Greater than salvation from physical harm of a person (Paul), a household (Noah) or a nation (Israel); saving souls from spiritual death! cf. Jno. 5:19-20 (Saved a man from infirmity Ė typifies His greater work of deliverance from sin, Mk. 2:9-12.)
3. The salvation of God for all flesh, Lk. 3:6; Acts 28:28; Tit. 2:11.
a. Accomplished by and available through Jesus, Acts 4:12.
b. Announced by the gospel, Mk. 16:15-16; Rom. 1:16; Eph. 1:13.
c. Actuated by obeying the gospel, Jas. 1:21-22.
d. To hinder the gospel is to hinder salvation of the lost, 1 Ths. 2:16.
C. Salvation is Present Deliverance from Sin, 1 Cor. 1:21.
1. This is salvation from sins already committed.
2. Have been saved by God (by grace, through faith), Eph. 2:5-9.
3. He has delivered us (to draw out) from darkness, Col. 1:13.
D. Salvation is also a Future Hope and Reward, Rom. 13:11.
1. We have the hope of salvation, 1 Ths. 5:8-9.
2. Inheritance reserved in heaven; salvation ready to be revealed in the last time, 1 Pet. 1:4-5.
3. The purpose and fulfillment of your faith, 1 Pet. 1:7-9; Heb. 9:28.
4. To be brought to a full accomplishment, Phil. 2:12.
II. SALVATION FROM SIN IS CONDITIONAL, Heb. 5:8-9; 2 Tim. 4:6-8.
A. To be Saved from Past Sins the Sinner Must:
1. Hear the gospel of salvation, Jno. 6:44-45; Eph. 1:13.
2. Believe in Jesus, Jno. 8:23-24; Acts 16:30-34.
3. Confess faith in Jesus, Rom. 10:9-10.
4. Repent of sins, Lk. 13:3-5.
5. Be baptized, Mk. 16:16; 1 Pet. 3:21.
6. Live faithfully, Rom. 13:11-14.
B. To be Saved, the Christian who has Sinned Must:
1. Repent and pray, Acts 8:22-24.
2. Confess sins to God, 1 Jno. 1:9.
1. God helps us in our time of need, providing and offering us salvation from sin, death and wrath to come, 2 Cor. 6:2.
2. Today is the approved time for your salvation, 2 Cor. 6:2; Acts 22:16.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: June 21, 2013