Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 119:153-160
Revive Me, O Lord!
1. Revive: “To flourish anew, renewal, revitalizing, reinvigorating, rescue from trouble, Psa. 143:11: “Bring my soul out of trouble” (Salvation, rescue, renewal; resuscitation from death, cf. 1 Kgs. 17:21-22).
2. We are warned not to grow weary and faint, Gal. 6:9; 2 Ths. 3:13.
3. We must be revived out of the death of sin and out of the spiritual lethargy that destroys our souls, Heb. 6:9-12 (cf. Zeph. 1:12).
I. THE LORD IS THE ONLY VALID SOURCE OF SPIRITUAL REVIVAL.
A. The Lord is the True Source of Spiritual Revival, Psa. 138:7-8.
1. He raised the nation of Israel from the dead (captivity), Ezek. 37:1-14
2. Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life, Jno. 11:23-26.
3. Now those dead in sin can live, Jno. 5:25.
B. Our Revival Declares God’s Power and Righteousness, Psa. 143:11; Jno. 5:26-27.
II. GOD CAN/WILL REVIVE US…
A. According to His Word, Psa. 119:154 (25, 107, 37). (We must react to the word of God…obey it!)
1. Not saved from sin by morality, Acts 10:2, 22.
2. Not saved from sin by experiences, Phil. 3:4-7.
3. Not saved from sin by emotions, Heb. 12:17.
4. Not saved from sin by personal desire for it, Matt. 19:16, 20.
5. Not saved from sin by a good conscience, Acts 23:1.
B. According to His Judgments, Psa. 119:156 (40, 149).
1. His word of truth governs (judges) our lives, Heb. 4:12-13.
2. Live by God’s word, Jas. 1:21-25.
C. According to His Mercy (lovingkindness) Psa. 119:159 (88); cf. Ezra 9:9.
1. God’s compassionate mercy, kindness and grace save us, Titus 3:4-5.
2. His goodness leads us to repentance, Rom. 2:4.
III. TO BE REVIVED, WE MUST:
A. Respond in Faith to God’s Grace; cf. Eph. 2:1-3, 5, 8. (Obedient faith!)
[We must obey in faith to obtain revival (salvation, renewal), Acts 3:19.]
1. Be humble and contrite toward God, Isa. 57:15 (Jas. 4:6).
2. Repent of our sins and pursue the knowledge of the Lord, Hos. 6:1-3; Acts 3:19.
3. Willing and obedient to call on the name of the Lord, Psa. 80:18 (Acts 22:16).
4. Rejoice in Him for His salvation, Psa. 85:6 (seasons of refreshing, Acts 3:19).
1. While God has given life to our flesh, He longs to give life to our dead souls. His Son Jesus is the Prince of Life (Acts 3:15) who can raise you from the grave of sin to live in heavenly places (Eph. 2:4-6).
2. God can revive the weary soul that is burdened with care, trouble, trials, ailments and enemies (Psa. 143:11).
3. We must live by faith and never grow weary of doing good (Gal. 6:9).