REVIVE ME O LORD!
(Scripture Reading: Psa. 119:153-160)
1. Revival: The idea of renewal, revitalizing, reinvigorating,
rescue from trouble - Psa. 143:11. (cf. CPR)
2. Where will you turn for revival (spiritual, emotional)? Salvation, rescue, renewal of the soul must be your first concern & decision.
I. THE LORD IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF TRUE SPIRITUAL REVIVAL.
A. The Lord Is The Only Source Of Spiritual Revival - Psa. 138:7-8.
B. Our Revival Declares God's Power & Righteousness - Psa. 143:11.
II. GOD CAN/WILL REVIVE US
A. According To His Word - Psa. 119:154 (25, 107, 37).
1. Not saved by morality - Acts 10:2, 22.
2. Not saved by experiences - Phil. 3:4-7.
3. Not saved by emotions - Heb. 12:17.
4. Not saved by personal desires - Matt. 19:20.
5. Not saved by good conscience - Acts 23:1.
-Saved (purified) by the living word of God! - 1 Pet. 1:22-25
B. According To His Judgments - Psa. 119:156 (40, 149)
1. His judgments governs (judges) our lives - Heb. 4:12-13.
2. Live by God's word & are blessed - Jas. 1:21-25.
C. According To His Lovingkindness - 119:159 (88); cf. Ezra 9:9.
1. Saved by God's compassionate mercy, kindness & grace - Tit. 3:4-5.
-Psa. 119:159 - If we love His precepts!
2. His goodness leads us to repentance - Rom. 2:4.
III. TO BE REVIVED, WE MUST:
A. Respond To His Grace With An Obedient Faith - cf. Eph. 2:8.
-[We must respond in faith to obtain revival (salvation, renewal) - Acts 3:19.]
1. Be humble & contrite - Isa. 57:15 (Jas. 4:6).
2. Repent of our sins & pursue the knowledge of the Lord - Hosea 6:1-3; Acts 19:18-20 (2 Tim. 2:25-26).
3. Willingly call on the name of the Lord - Psa. 80:18 (Acts 22:16).
4. Rejoice in Him for His salvation - Psa. 85:6 (seasons of refreshing, Acts 3:19).
B. Cast Off Sinful Indulgences - 1 Tim. 5:6; Rom. 13:11-14 (Heb. 12:1).
C. Live In Hope - Rom. 8:24-25.
1. For the time when there will be blessed relief & release from the troubles & trials of this world - 2 Cor. 4:16-18.
2. For the time when we stand in the glory of God to praise Him forevermore - 1 Jno. 3:2-3.
1. Don't be discouraged - don't grow weary while doing good (Gal. 6:9).
2. Look to God and be revived (again)!