Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 119:153-160
Revive Me, O Lord!
1. Revive: To cause to live (again), to flourish anew, renew, revitalize, reinvigorate, rescue.
a. ďBring my soul out of trouble,Ē Ps. 143:11.
b. Salvation, rescue, renewal; resuscitation from death, cf. 1 Kings 17:21-22.
2. We are warned not to grow weary and faint, Gal. 6:9; 2 Thess. 3:13.
3. We must be revived out of the death of sin and out of the spiritual lethargy that destroys our souls, Heb. 6:11-12 (cf. Rev. 3:15-16).
I. SPIRITUAL REVIVAL COMES FROM THE LORD.
A. The Lord is the True Source of Spiritual Renewal, Ps. 138:7-8.
1. He raised Israel from the dead (captivity), Ezek. 37:1-14.
2. Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life, John 11:23-26.
3. Now, the dead (in sin, spiritually) can live, John 5:25 (Rom. 6:4).
B. Our Revival Declares Godís Power and Righteousness, Ps. 143:11; John 5:26-27.
II. GOD REVIVES US.
A. God Revives Us According to His Word, Ps. 119:154 (25, 107, 37).
-We must react to Godís word with faith and obedience.
1. Not saved from sin by morality, Acts 10:2, 22.
2. Not saved from sin by experiences, Phil. 3:4-7.
3. Not saved from sin by emotions, Heb. 12:17.
4. Not saved from sin by personal desire for it, Matt. 19:16, 20, 22.
5. Not saved from sin by a good conscience, Acts 23:1.
B. God Revives Us According to His Judgments, Ps. 119:156, 40, 149.
1. His word of truth governs (judges) our lives, Heb. 4:12-13.
2. Live by Godís word, James 1:21-25.
C. God Revives Us According to His Mercy (lovingkindness) Ps. 119:159 (88); cf. Ezra 9:9.
1. Godís compassionate mercy, kindness, and grace save us, Titus 3:4-5.
2. Godís goodness leads us to repentance (revival), Rom. 2:4.
III. WHAT WE MUST DO TO BE REVIVED SPIRITUALLY.
A. Respond in Faith to Godís Grace, Eph. 2:1-3, 5, 8.
-Obey in faith to obtain revival (salvation, renewal), Acts 3:19.
1. Be humble and contrite toward God, Isa. 57:15 (James 4:6).
2. Repent and pursue the knowledge of the Lord, Hos. 6:1-3; Acts 3:19; Rev. 3:18-19 (2 Pet. 3:18; Heb. 5:14).
3. Willing and obedient to call on the name of the Lord, Ps. 80:18 (Acts 22:16).
4. Rejoice in Him for His salvation, Ps. 85:6; 51:12 (seasons of refreshing, Acts 3:19).
1. God has given our bodies life. He longs to give life to dead souls.
a. Lost: His Son, Jesus, is the Prince of Life who can raise you from the grave of sin to live in heavenly places (Acts 3:15; Eph. 2:4-6).
b. Christian: God can revive your weary soul that is burdened with care, trouble, trials, ailments, and enemies (Ps. 143:11).
2. Live by faith and never grow weary while doing good (Gal. 6:9).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted October 13, 2021