Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Matthew 19:23-30
Regeneration in the Kingdom
1. Matt. 19:23-30: The true nature of the kingdom of God is vividly portrayed and contrasted against the backdrop of false concepts of the kingdom based on human wisdom and experiences.
2. Kingdom of heaven = Kingdom of God (19:23, 24) = Kingdom of Christ (Eph. 5:5).
I. THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT OF THIS WORLD (Jno. 18:36).
A. Kingdom is Not Defined by Riches, 19:23-24.
B. Kingdom is Not Defined by Human Expectations, 19:25.
1. Its coming, Lk. 17:20-21.
2. Its lowliness, cf. Matt. 21:4-11; 1 Cor. 1:26-31.
C. Kingdom is Defined by God, His Wisdom and Power, 19:26.
D. Kingdom is Entered through Regeneration, 19:28.
E. Kingdom is Ruled by the Son of Man on His Throne, 19:28 (Acts 2:29-36).
F. Kingdom is Judged by the Apostles (through the truth they preached), 19:28 (Acts 2:42; 2 Thess. 2:15).
G. Kingdom Entrance through Regeneration is an Action of Sacrifice and Devotion, 19:29 (27).
H. Kingdom Recognition is Given to the Lowly, not the Self-Exalted, 19:30.
II. THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS THE CHURCH OF CHRIST, Matt. 16:18-19.
A. Synonyms for the Spiritual Realm of Fellowship with God in Christ During the Gospel Age, Eph. 1:3, 22-23; 2:1, 4-7.
1. Promise of (eternal) blessings is received by those added to the church, Acts 2:38-42, 47.
2. This happens when God removes us from kingdom of darkness and transfers us (redeemed, forgiven) into the kingdom of the Son, Col. 1:13-14.
3. How? God calls sinners into the kingdom by the gospel, Acts 2:39; 1 Thess. 2:12 (2 Thess. 2:14).
a. The gospel call to come to peace of God is in ďone bodyĒ (the church), Col. 3:15 (1:18).
b. This is Godís call into fellowship with His Son, 1 Cor. 1:9.
4. The church is the kingdom: The spiritual realm of fellowship with God in Christ during this gospel age, Heb. 12:22-23.
B. The Kingdom Age is the Time of Regeneration, Matt. 19:28.
1. The day of salvation, 2 Cor. 6:1-2.
2. Time of spiritual renovation / restoration, Acts 3:19-23.
3. Picture of salvation as a new beginning (creation), 2 Cor. 5:17-21.
4. New creation (new birth, regeneration) happens when sinners hear and obey the gospel of Christ, Jno. 3:3, 5; Titus 3:4-5.
5. Baptized into death and raised to newness of life, Rom. 6:4.
6. Since regeneration is present now, the kingdom is present now!
1. Anticipating a future kingdom on earth is the wrong kingdom at the wrong time for the wrong purposes.
2. The gospel calls the lost to be born again, re-created in Christ, redeemed from sin and heirs of an eternal inheritance (Heb. 9:15).
3. Answer Godís call to enter His kingdom: With God, it is possible, Matt. 19:26.
THE KINGDOM OF GOD, THE CHURCH OF CHRIST: A SPIRITUAL REALM, NOT A HUMAN HIERARCHY
[Published in Truth Magazine XLV, 8 (Apr. 19, 2001):233-235 (9-11)]
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: July 3, 2018