Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Acts 8:34-39
"When am I Ready to be Baptized?"
1. The question often arises, “When am I ready to be baptized?”
a. Children ask this question of parents and others.
b. Bible studies with the lost prompts this question.
c. Doctrines of men necessitate a Bible answer to this question.
2. Acts 8:29-38 (36): “What hinders me to be baptized?”
I. YOU ARE READY TO BE BAPTIZED WHEN YOU…
A. Know the Seriousness of Sin.
1. Personal and actual, Rom. 3:23
2. Spiritually dead, Rom. 6:23
3. Under God’s wrath, Eph. 2:1-3
B. Know the Basis of Salvation in the Perfect Work of Christ.
-Death of Christ, Rom. 5:6-10
-Sacrifice for sin, Heb. 9:11-15; 10:10-12
-Death, burial, resurrection, ascension, exaltation, cf. Acts 2:22-38
C. Knows the Conditions of Pardon, Matt. 7:21; Heb. 5:8-9.
-Hear the gospel, Jno. 6:44-45
-Believe in Christ and in His gospel, Jno. 8:23-24; Rom. 10:9-10
-Confess faith in Jesus Christ, Rom. 10:9-10
-Repent of sins, Acts 17:31; 2 Cor. 7:9-10
-Be baptized into Christ for remission of sins, Gal. 3:26-27; Acts 2:38; 22:16
D. Knows the Necessary Commitment that must be made to Christ.
1. Take His yoke, Matt. 11:28-30
2. Set the priority of your life, Matt. 6:33; Lk. 9:23; 14:26-27
3. Count the cost and pay the price of discipleship, Lk. 14:28-33
E. Knows the New Life One Must Live in Christ.
1. The image of Christ, Col. 3:1-11
2. Do not love the world, 1 Jno. 2:15-17
3. Transform your thinking…change your life, Rom. 12:2; 1 Pet. 4:1-3
1. To be baptized, you must know you are lost, want to be saved, and able to choose to put away sin and live for Jesus, Acts 2:37; 3:19.
2. Those who receive the apostolic word are ready to be baptized, Acts 2:41; 8:37-38.
a. Immediately, Acts 16:33.
b. Without delay, Acts 22:16.
3. If you are ready to be baptized, then obey Jesus now and be saved from your sins.
(Developed from outline by Ron Halbrook)
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: March 18, 2017