Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Revelation 19:1-6
Praise the Lord!
1. The early church praised God, Acts 2:47 (thanksgiving of joyful worship).
2. Praise: To extol, to give honor to, Psa. 111:1.
3. Hallelujah (Heb.): Praise ye Yahweh; “to shine, hence, to make a show, to boast” (Strong’s); “shout for joy, rejoice” (BDB). Alleluia (Gr.): Praise ye the Lord; “an adoring exclamation” (Strong). Rev. 19:1, 3-4, 6.
I. THE ASSEMBLY OF THE RIGHTEOUS PRAISE THE LORD WITH THEIR WHOLE HEART, Psa. 111:1-6.
A. Praised because of All His Marvelous Works, Psa. 40:4-5; 9:1-2.
1. His great works are studied, Psa. 111:2; cf. Deut. 4:32-40.
2. His works are honorable, glorious and righteous, 111:2-3.
3. His works are wonderful and memorable, 111:4.
-cf. the Lord’s supper to remember Christ’s death.
B. Praised because He Dwells in Zion, God Remembers the Cries of the Humble, Psa. 9:11 (2 Cor. 6:16); cf. Heb. 4:16.
C. Praised because of His Salvation, Psa. 9:13-14.
1. His works are gracious and compassionate, 111:4.
a. Salvation offered to all sinners, 1 Tim. 2:3-4.
b. Gives provisions to sustain us (phy. and spir.), 111:5-6; Matt. 6:11, 33-34; Jno. 6:35, 68.
2. Praise His work of raising us from our spiritual death, Col. 2:12 (Rom. 6:4).
3. He saves us from the oppressive fear of our most dreaded enemies (sin and death), Heb. 2:14-18.
4. He gives us an eternal inheritance, 111:6; 1 Pet. 1:3-5.
II. HIS WORKS ARE TRUE AND JUST, Psa. 111:7-9.
A. God’s Works are Steadfast because His Integrity is Impeccable, 111:7-8 (Num. 23:19; Tit. 1:2).
1. His precepts (appointed mandates, commands) are sure (trustworthy, firm, stand fast, secure, solid, immovable), Psa. 119:89-90.
2. His redemption is given through the new covenant, Heb. 9:15-17.
3. Gives us reason to praise His holy and awesome name, 111:9; Lk. 1:68-69.
III. HIS WORKS CAUSE US TO FEAR HIM, 111:10.
A. God is Worthy of Our Enduring, Eternal Praise.
-We show wisdom and good understanding when we continually praise Him (Heb. 13:15).
1. His work of creation, Psa. 19:1; 8:3-5.
2. His work of punishing sin, Psa. 64:5-9 (10).
3. His work of redemption in Christ, Eph. 1:3-11 (11).
4. His work of building you up and using you to accomplish His purposes, Phil. 2:13.
1. The work of God is infinite and matchless, Rom. 11:33.
2. The church praises Him (gives Him glory) forever for His powerful works, Eph. 3:20-21.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: April 11, 2018