Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:18-23
1. All things are yours, 1 Cor. 3:21-23 (18-20). We have great treasure in Christ.
2. It is possible for others to plunder our treasures in Christ, Col. 2:8 (2-3). Denominationalists and their errors plunder our treasure in Christ.
3. When this happens, faith falters, hope is unsure, and love is unstable (1 Cor. 13:13).
I. WE MUST NOT LET PEOPLE PLUNDER (TAKE AWAY) OUR TREASURE.
A. Do Not Let Catholics Plunder the Lord’s Supper, 1 Cor. 11:23-26; Heb. 9:28; 10:11-12.
1. Catholic Mass is a sacrifice: a “mystical reenactment of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.”
2. Catholic mass is a sacrament: Jesus works "His divine saving action" upon participants as He is present, “in a unique way, under the appearance of bread and wine.” (The Place of the Mass in Catholic Worship, 16)
B. Do Not Let Protestants Plunder the Music in Our Worship.
1. By demanding instruments and claiming we are against music, Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16; Heb. 2:12.
2. They have taken away acceptable music and replaced it with the unacceptable wisdom of the world (1 Cor. 3:19-20).
C. Do Not Let Evangelicals Plunder Our Relationship with Christ, Jno. 14:23.
1. “Personal relationship” claims turn into subjective rationale that minimizes doctrinal error and even moral sins. (Mega-churches)
2. Our relationship with Christ is fellowship, 1 Cor. 1:9 (Eph. 2:5-6).
a. Master (Lord) and servants (King and citizens of His kingdom).
b. Teacher and disciples, cf. Jno. 13:13-14.
c. Head and body, Savior and the saved, Eph. 1:22-23; 5:23.
d. Brethren and friends, Heb. 2:11-12; Jno. 15:14; Jas. 2:21-23.
D. Do Not Let Pentecostals Plunder Being Led by the Holy Spirit, Gal. 5:16-18, 25.
1. Pentecostalism perverts the role of the Spirit (JW’s pervert the person of the Spirit; Evangelicals pervert the presence of the Spirit).
2. We fill ourselves with the Spirit by filling our hearts with His word, Eph. 5:17-18; Col. 3:16; cf. Rom. 8:7-11.
E. Do Not Let Premillennialists Plunder the Kingdom, Col. 1:13; Mk. 1:15; 9:1 (Lk. 17:20-21).
1. Premillennialism denies the kingdom’s present existence.
2. Corrupts its present existence and its eternal nature:
a. The church, Matt. 16:18-19.
b. Everlasting (not a mere 1000 yrs), 2 Pet. 1:11.
1. The perversions of the gospel by men must not deter us from boldly living by its truth, Gal. 1:6-10.
2. Denominational doctrines are the “wisdom of this world” and “foolishness with God,” 1 Cor. 3:18-20.
3. “All things are yours,” 1 Cor. 3:21-23.
4. Do not let men rob you of your treasure in Christ.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: September 15, 2016