AUTHORITY IN RELIGION:
THE PLAN OF SALVATION
1. When Christ died his will became effective, doing away with the OT law as that by which any man is to live for salvation.
2. Christ established the genuineness & validity of His will (that when we comply with the conditions of His will, we receive the blessings contained in His will):
-Salvation - Mk. 16:15-16.
-Remission of sins - Lk. 24:46-47.
-Discipleship - Matt. 28:18-20.
3. If we follow the examples of those in NT who received the benefits of Christs will, we will receive the same benefits.
I. THE INHERITANCE CONTAINED IN CHRISTS WILL (SALVATION) WAS RECEIVED WHEN PEOPLE COMPLIED WITH THE TERMS OF HIS WILL:
A. The Jews - Acts 2:36-41, 47.
B. The Samaritans - Acts 8:4-13.
C. The Ethiopian - Acts 8:35-39.
D. Saul Of Tarsus - Acts 9:1-18; 22:1-16.
E. Cornelius - Act 10:43-48; 11:14.
F. Lydia - Acts 16:13-15.
G. Philippian Jailer - Acts 16:25-34.
H. Corinthians - Acts 18:8.
I. Ephesians - Acts 19:1-7.
II. IN ORDER TO BE SAVED FROM PAST SINS & BECOME A CHILD OF GOD, YOU MUST:
A. Believe In Jesus As The Christ - Jno. 8:24 (Mk. 16:15-16; Rom. 10:9-10).
B. Repent Of Sins - Lk. 13:3; Acts 17:30; 2:38.
C. Confess Faith In Christ - Matt. 10:32-33; Rom. 10:9-10.
D. Be Baptized - Immersed in water, into Christ, for the remission of sins - Mk. 16:16; Acts 2:38; 8:38.
1. Buried w/ Christ into His death - Rom. 6:3-6.
a. Meet His soul-saving blood which washes away our sins - Rev. 1:5; Acts 22:16.
b. We put on Christ when baptized into Christ - Gal. 3:26-27.
2. Water baptism saves because God says it does! - 1 Pet. 3:21
E. Then, Live A Faithful Christian Life - Matt. 10:22; Rom. 12:1-2.
1. Heb. 3:12-14 - Warned to avoid falling away from God.
2. Heb. 6:4-6 - Shame Christ & lose our souls!
1. Whose authority are you following for your salvation: Gods or mans?
2. Have you obeyed Jesus? If not, you are not saved in Gods sight!
a. What not save yourself (Acts 2:40-41)?
b. Why not purify your soul (1 Pet. 1:22)?
3. Obey the gospel call of your Savior!!