Power Point Show
PART 2 Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 6:11-18
Open My Eyes That I May See (Part 1)
1. No one is so blind as the one who will not see, Jno. 9:39-41.
2. Jesus said to set our eyes on what is good (light), Matt. 6:22-23.
3. The invisible God has made His presence (power and divine nature) visible to us through His creation, Rom. 1:20.
4. The invisible God has made His character and will visible through His Son, Col. 1:15.
5. Open our eyes to see God’s purposes and power through the mist of tears and trials of this sinful world, 1 Pet. 1:6-9.
I. OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE THE ARMY OF GOD, 2 Kgs. 6:13-17.
A. Faith in the Unseen (walk by faith), cf. Matt. 26:52-53.
1. God’s heavenly host is assembled, ready to do His bidding and to accomplish His will on earth, cf. 1 Kgs. 22:19-23.
2. We have angels serving God for us, Matt. 18:10; Heb. 1:14.
3. Indications of God’s providential care and His sovereignty.
B. Faith that Christ Acts to Guard what is Most Precious – Our Souls.
1. God guarded Elisha and his servant that day, 2 Kgs. 6:18.
2. Christ is our helper who aids us in things pertaining to God, Heb. 13:5-6 (Heb. 2:17-18).
3. God is for us, Rom. 8:31-39. Eyes of faith see our victory in Christ over everything intended to keep us from love of God in Christ.
4. We must
lift up our eyes and see the help God gives, Psa.
Open My Eyes That I May See (Part 2)
Scripture Reading: Psalm 119:17-24
II. OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE WONDROUS THINGS FROM GOD’S LAW, Psa. 119:18 (17-19).
-The Bible engages the unlearned mind and the most brilliant (Psa. 119: 15-16) – To see its amazing blessings.
A. Its Unity (2 Tim. 3:16).
1. 66 books, 40 men, 1500 yrs., different backgrounds, places, languages.
2. Unity (harmony) in structure, theme, and doctrine.
B. Its Fulfilled Prophecy, Isa. 41:21-24; Lk. 24:44-45; Acts 3:18 (2 Pet. 1:20-21). From God, not from man. (Evidence for our faith.)
C. Its Plan of Salvation, Gal. 4:4; Matt. 28:18-20.
D. Its Protection against Sin, Psa. 119:9-11. (Eph. 6:17)
E. Its Truth Leads to Eternal Life, Psa. 119:160; Jno. 1:14, 17; 14:6.
-Walk in God’s truth and live forever, Jno. 8:12, 31-32.
III. OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE JESUS, Heb. 12:1-4.
A. By His Word, cf. Mary Magdalene, Jno. 20:14-16. (Rom. 10:17)
B. Fix Our Eyes on Jesus, cf. Lk. 4:20.
1. Author of our faith: Originator (trailblazer, pioneer).
-His redemptive work fully provides what your faith needs.
2. Finisher of our faith: Perfecter (consummator, completer).
-Nobody else can see you through the storms of life like Jesus.
IV. WE PRAY TO GOD TO SEE OUR SITUATIONS AND TO ACT, Isa. 37:14-20 (2 Kgs. 19:14-19); Lk. 18:6-8.
A. When Our Spiritual Enemies Threaten Us.
1. We pray for God’s relief, if it is His will (Matt. 26:39).
2. We pray for enemies, that God will act, and they will know He is Lord (Isa. 37:20), Matt. 5:44.
B. When Sickness Comes and Death Approaches, Isa. 38:1-6; Jas. 5:13.
1. Like Balaam, the rebellious should fall down before God “with eyes wide open,” Num. 24:4, 16.
2. Our faith is secure in Christ and His holy word to walk by faith, not by (human) sight (2 Cor. 5:7). We know, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” (Jno. 20:29).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted July 23, 2019