Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 6:11-18
Open Our Eyes that We May See
1. Elisha surrounded by Syrian forces; delivered by Godís power (2 Kgs 6:8-23).
2. Christians must live by faith; means making choices in life to flee sin and to pursue righteousness in faith, cf. 2 Cor 5:7; 1 Pet 1:8-9.
3. Our enemy is powerful and crafty (1 Pet 5:8-9); Our God is all-powerful and wise, Jas 4:7; 1 Jno 4:4. Keep faith in Him!
I. OPEN OUR EYES THAT WE MAY SEEÖ
A. The Power of God.
1. To create all things, Rom 1:20.
-Produces faith to know Him, honor Him and thank Him, Rom 1:18-19, 21 (Acts 17:26-28).
2. To save and protect His people, Exo 14:13, 30.
a. The battle against sin, Satan and the world is Godís, cf. 2 Chrn 20:15-18 (21-30).
b. God delivers and vindicates His people, Rom 8:30-39. [Savior (32), Intercessor (34) and Defender (38)]
c. To keep our souls safe in the face of trials of faith, 2 Tim 1:12; 1 Pet 1:6-9.
B. The Power of Truth, Heb 4:12.
1. Truth is an attribute of God, Deut 32:4 (abundant, Exo 34:6); Jno 14:6; 17:17.
2. Power to convict the heart and save from sin, Jno 16:8, 13; Rom 1:16. (We must desire the conviction so we can repent, obey and be saved!)
3. Power to protect us, Eph 6:10-17.
C. The Power of Love, 1 Pet 4:8 (Prov 10:12).
1. Power to forbear with one another, to forgive and to bind us together, Col 3:12-14.
2. Power to overcome evil, Rom 12:19-21 (Matt 5:43-48).
D. The Power of Unity in Christ, Col 3:12-17.
1. Cords of love, peace, truth and divine authority bind us together with a common heart and mind, a common purpose and common goals (1 Cor 1:10); Eccl 4:9-12.
2. Contrast the weakness of division, 1 Cor 3:3-4; Gal 5:13-15; 1 Cor 11:18, 30.
E. The Power of Forgiveness, Matt 18:21-27 .
1. Forgiving one another of our sins against each other is to be reflective of Godís forgiveness of us, Eph 4:31-32 (Matt 6:12, 14-15).
2. Forgiveness has the power to heal offenses, strengthen relations, secure bonds of love in the home and the church.
3. Forgiveness has a powerful influence on those who see it, cf. Matt 18:28-31 (others also see when it is withheld!).
1. The power of God is at our disposal: To save us, to defend us, to secure us in faith.
2. We must obey God in faith to have His strength in our lives, Phil 2:12-13.
3. Will you walk by faith and be powerful in God; or will you walk in the world and be powerless and lost?