Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 6:8-18
Open Our Eyes that We May See
1. Elisha surrounded by Syrian forces; Delivered by God (2 Kings 6:8-23).
2. Christians are surrounded by evil forces, evil people with evil purposes. We must keep focused faith, choose to flee sin, and pursue righteousness, 2 Cor. 5:7; 1 Tim. 6:11-12.
3. Our enemy is powerful and crafty (1 Pet. 5:8-9); God is all-powerful and wise, 1 John 4:4. Keep faith in Him.
I. OPEN OUR EYES THAT WE MAY SEE...
A. The Power of God.
1. To create all things, Rom. 1:20 (Rev. 4:11).
-Faith to know Him, honor Him, and be thankful to Him, Rom. 1:18-19, 21 (Acts 17:26-28).
2. To save and protect His people, Exod. 14:13 (30).
a. The battle against sin, Satan, and the world is Godís battle, 2 Chron. 20:12, 15-19 (20-30), Worshiped, believed, victory.
b. Eyes to see Godís scheme of redemption, Eph. 1:17-20.
c. God delivers and vindicates His people, Rom. 8:30-39. [Savior (32), Intercessor (34), and Defender (38)]
d. Keep our souls safe during trials that test faith, 2 Tim. 1:12.
B. The Power of Truth, Heb. 4:12.
1. Truth is an attribute of God: ďGod of truthĒ (Deut. 32:4); Abundant (Exod. 34:6); John 1:17; 14:6 (17:17).
2. Power to convict hearts and save us, John 16:8, 13; Rom. 1:16.
-Truth convicts us so we can repent, obey, and be saved.
3. Power to protect us, Eph. 6:10-17.
C. The Power of Faith, Matt. 8:5-10; Lk. 17:6; Mark 11:20-24 (9:23).
D. The Power of Love, 1 Pet. 4:8 (Prov. 10:12).
1. Power to forbear with one another, to forgive and to bind us together, Col. 3:12-14.
2. Power to overcome evil, Rom. 12:19-21 (Matt. 5:43-48).
E. The Power of Unity in Christ, Col. 3:12-17.
1. Cords of love, peace, truth and divine authority bind us together with a common heart, mind, purpose, and goals (1 Cor. 1:10); Eccl. 4:9-12.
2. Contrast weakness and sin of division, 1 Cor. 3:3-4; Gal. 5:13-15.
F. The Power of Forgiveness, Matt. 18:21-27.
1. Forgiving one another of our sins against each other reflects Godís forgiveness of us, Eph. 4:31-32 (Matt. 6:12, 14-15).
2. Forgiveness has the power to heal offenses, strengthen relations, secure bonds of love in the home and the church.
3. Forgiveness has a powerful influence on those who see it, Matt. 18:28-31 (others also see when it is withheld).
1. The power of God surrounds us and available to us: To save us, to defend us, and to secure us in faith, Psalm 34:4-7.
2. We must believe and obey God to have His strength in our lives, Col. 1:10-11; Eph. 3:20; Phil. 2:12-13.
3. Will you walk by faith and be powerful in God, or walk with the world and be powerless and lost?
By: Joe R. Price
Posted May 25, 2021