Part 1: Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Luke 15:3-7
The Value of One Soul
1. One soul is more valuable than whole world (Matt 16:26).
2. When we value our soul we will take care of it.
a. Soul (psuche): General term for human life (Matt 2:20).
b. Distinguishable from the human spirit (Heb 4:12).
c. Immaterial, invisible part (Matt 10:28).
3. The value of the soul corresponds to the value of life.
4. Knowing the value of the soul not only affects how we care for our own soul -- it also motivates us to care for the souls of others. Every soul is important! (“You Never Mentioned Him to Me”)
5. Jesus teaches us the value of one soul.
I. JESUS AND ONE SOUL.
A. Jesus Came to Save the Lost, Luke 19:10.
1. Often see Jesus teaching multitudes:
a. Sermon of the Mount, Matt 5:1.
b. Constantly during life, Matt 14:13-14.
2. We are amazed by His wisdom, power and compassion as He taught the lost and healed the sick.
B. Consider Jesus’ Encounters with Just “One Soul”:
1. Jno 4:6-26: Taught Samaritan woman that acceptable worship not based on race/gender/where you live -- Based on "spirit and truth" -- She needed to return to moral purity and believe on the Christ!
2. Matt 15:21-28: God’s mercy extends to all who have faith.
3. Lk 7:36-50: Lessons re. godly sorrow and forgiveness, self-righteousness and saving faith.
4. Jno 8:2-11: Didn’t cast her off as worthless; He taught her to “go...sin no more.”
5. Jno 21:15-17: Jesus knew this one man (Peter) would affect thousands!
C. Since the Son of God saw the Value of One Soul So Must We.
1. Don’t predetermine someone’s reaction to the truth.
2. Don’t cast certain ones off as “worthless”.
3. Remember to never neglect telling someone the gospel and helping someone overcome sin (Gal 6:1-2).
4. Parents: Know the importance of one child, Prov 22:6; Eph 6:4.
Part 2: Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Luke 15:8-9
II. WHY THE SOUL IS SO VALUABLE (IMPORTANT), Matt 16:26; Lk 15:8-9.
A. The Soul is made in the Image of God, Gen 1:26-27; 2:7.
1. Like God, each soul has intellect, emotion, volition and conscience: Morally responsible being (Ezek 18:20).
2. Jesus gives life to every soul who believes on Him, 1 Cor 15:45 (Jno 5:21, 24, 29; 6:54).
B. Christ Died for every Soul, Heb 2:9; Jno 3:16.
1. “Every man” / “Whosoever.”
2. For sinful souls, Rom 5:6-8.
3. Jesus died for the homeless, homosexual, adulterer, liar, thief; us all! Remove prejudices from our hearts, Jas 2:1-4.
C. It Is Immortal (“deathless”; Beyond this physical life), 1 Cor 15:53-54.
1. Resurrection assures us the soul is not annihilated, 1 Cor 15:20-22, 42-44.
2. Judgment awaits each soul, 2 Cor 5:10; Rev 20:11-15.
a. Rewarded or punished, Rev 21:4-7; 20:15; 21:8.
b. Therefore, fear God, Matt 10:28.
D. Heaven Rejoices over the Salvation of Just One Sinner, Lk 15:10.
1. Care for your soul as you would your most valuable possession (Matt 16:26; Lk 12:15-21).
2. Care for every soul with a better understanding of its worth before God.