Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 10:32-39
1. 9/11 left a simple and profound commitment: ďNever forget.Ē
2. Memory is a wonderful tool for improving ourselves, a blessing from our Creator. By using it we can learn, grow, avoid past errors, and duplicate past successes.
a. Satan warps our memories and tries to embed bitterness, resentment, anger, and hatred in our hearts over past events and sins. Guard against using memories sinfully, Eph. 4:31-32.
b. Memory helps us treasure what is good and refine ourselves (repenting and returning to the Lord, Deut. 30:1-3).
3. The gospel reveals things Christians must never forget.
I. NEVER FORGET OUR CLEANSING FROM PAST SINS, 2 Pet. 1:9.
-To forget shows ingratitude and short-sightedness, forgetting the Son of God died for me.
A. Remember the Price of Our Redemption, Eph. 1:7.
1. Christís sacrifice and Godís love, Rom. 5:6-8; 1 John 4:10-11.
2. Result is new life in Christ (cleansed), Rom. 6:3-4; 2 Cor. 5:17.
a. Resolve to live in sin no longer, Rom. 6:1-2, 11-14.
b. Resolve to grow and mature in Christ, 2 Pet. 1:5-11.
II. NEVER FORGET GODíS WORD, 2 Pet. 1:12-15; 3:1-2; Jude 17.
A. The World Says to Forget the Bible, 1 Cor. 1:18. (Materialists)
1. ďCast off its restraints,Ē yet they are enslaved to sin.
2. Truth sets us free (Jn. 8:32); Ignorance darkens (Eph. 4:17-18).
B. When We Remember Godís Word We Have:
1. Safety from sin, Psalm 119:11, 15-16.
2. Assurance when persecuted, Psalm 119:86-88.
3. Life and salvation, Psalm 119:92-95 (John 8:31-32).
III. NEVER FORGET TO DO GOOD AND SHARE WITH OTHERS, Heb. 13:16 (Sacrifices: Offering up oneself to God).
A. Christians Remember and Share the Good Things Christ Shares with Us (Heb. 2:11, 17), Gal. 6:10.
1. The gospel, Acts 8:4 (forgiveness, fellowship, future).
2. Remember benevolence to brethren, Acts 2:42; 11:27-30.
3. Remember hospitality (love of strangers), Heb. 13:2.
4. Remember kindness of others (given us their time, material goods, home, etc. to help us).
5. Respond in same way to others, Matt. 7:12.
IV. NEVER FORGET THE FORMER DAYS AND FAITHFUL ONES.
A. Those Whose Faithfulness Has Made Our Work and Endurance Easier, John 4:38; Heb. 10:32-35.
1. Remember what brought you to this moment in your spiritual life.
2. Remember those mistreated for their faith, Heb. 13:3.
V. NEVER FORGET GODíS POWER AND PROMISES, 2 Pet. 3:5, 8-9.
A. Mockers Forget Godís Past Judgments, 2 Pet. 3:3-7.
1. So, they do not prepare for the future.
2. Remember Lotís wife, Luke 17:32. God keeps His word and demands we do, too, Gen. 19:17, 26.
3. Those who remember will repent, 2 Pet. 3:8-9.
a. Godís longsuffering drives us to repentance, Rom. 2:4.
b. God gives us repeated opportunities to trust and obey.
1. God will never forget your work and love, Heb. 6:10.
2. But He will forget your sins (forgive) when you come to Him in Christ, Heb. 10:17.
3. So, remain diligent in faith and ďnever forget,Ē Heb. 6:11-12 (Eccl. 12:1).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted September 29, 2021