Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 26:1-8
The Mind of Christ
1. Many say, "I don't want anyone telling me what to think!" Yet, allow culture and the masses to do their thinking for them!
2. The righteous God tests hearts and minds, Psa. 7:9.
3. David welcomed this scrutiny, since he had walked in integrity and by faith, with God's steadfast love he walked in truth, Psa. 26:1-3.
4. David was a "man after God's own heart," Acts 13:22-23.
5. His seed, Jesus Christ, is our great Teacher and Master. His disciples train to be like the Teacher in mind and conduct, Lk. 6:40.
a. Disciples (Christians) are not above their Teacher, Matt. 10:24.
b. Disciples (Christians) walk "just as He walked," 1 Jno. 2:6.
6. To do that, we must think like Jesus thinks. We must have His mind.
I. THE MIND OF CHRIST IS AVAILABLE TO US THROUGH THE GOSPEL GIVEN THROUGH HIS APOSTLES, 1 Cor. 2:16 (2:1-15); 2 Cor. 4:5-7.
A. We Preach (Proclaim) the Mind of Christ, 1 Cor. 2:1-3, 6-9.
B. We have the Mind of Christ Confirmed by Miracles, 1 Cor. 2:4; Heb. 2:3-4.
C. We have the Mind of Christ through Revelation, 1 Cor. 2:10-12.
D. We have the Mind of Christ Communicated by Verbal Inspiration, 1 Cor. 2:13.
E. Question: Who Will Receive the Mind of Christ? 1 Cor. 2:14-16
1. Natural man refuses the gospel as foolishness; Closed mind. He refuses to be guided by revelation; he does not receive the things of the Spirit of God (gospel) - He lives on the basis of human reasoning alone. (1 Cor. 1:26-31)
2. Spiritual man receives the gospel: He wants to know God's mind and knows he cannot without God telling Him. Open-minded to receive the truth of God, 1 Cor. 2:16; Isa. 40:13-14 (Rom. 11:33-35).
II. CHRISTIANS ARE TO HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST, Phil. 2:5.
A. Disciples Put the Word of Christ into their Minds, Col. 3:16.
1. Word of Christ must shape our thinking to shape who we are! (Prov. 23:7)
2. "Learn from me," Matt. 11:29; Eph. 4:20-24 (20).
B. As Disciples, We Cannot Follow the Examples of Christ Unless We Start Thinking Like Christ, 1 Pet. 4:1-2.
C. Here are Some Ways to Think Like Christ.
1. Love God with all our mind, Matt. 22:37; cf. Jno. 15:9-10.
2. Think like a servant toward others, Jno. 13:12-17.
3. Always accept the Father's teaching and please Him by keeping His word, Jno. 8:28-29, 55.
4. Think about your influence on others (how you affect other people), Matt. 17:24-27 (27).
5. Think humbly in order to be sacrificial, submissive to God and steadfastly loyal to the Lord, Phil. 2:5-8.
6. Think no evil (keep no ledger of wrongs), 1 Cor. 13:5. (Jesus said, "Father, forgive them..."; not, "Father, forgive them but I cannot forget them.")
1. If you think like the world you will die with the world, 2 Cor. 4:1-4.
2. When our minds are set on heavenly things, our lives on earth will reflect our heavenly citizenship and what our life is all about, Col. 3:2, 4.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: April 15, 2016