Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Genesis 19:12-17
Remember Lot's Wife
1. Lk. 17:22-37: The false security of the ungodly exposes them to sudden destruction and judgment (ďthe days of the Son of ManĒ).
2. Remember Lotís wife (17:32): She minded earthly things and disregarded Godís warning (17:33) -- Salt.
3. Remember: To keep in mind, keep in memory, always thoughtful of.
4. Why remember Lotí wife? Gen. 19:17
a. Escape for your life: Must escape sin to avoid eternal death.
b. Do not look behind you or stay anywhere in the plain (donít look back): Cut ties with sinful past. (Rom. 6:2)
c. Escape to mountains (or be consumed): Place of refuge in Christ.
5. Things to be learned from Lotís wife (Rom. 15:4; 1 Cor. 10:11).
I. GODíS COMMANDS ARE PLAIN, SIMPLE, EASILY UNDERSTOOD, 1 Jno. 5:3. (Heb. 1:2; Matt. 17:5; Jno. 14:6; 8:32; 7:17; Eph. 5:17; 3:4)
A. Leave this Wicked and Sinful World, 1 Jno. 5:19; Gal. 1:4; 1 Jno. 2:15; 2 Cor. 6:17.
B. Come to Christ, Jno. 10:9; Matt. 11:28-30; Rom. 8:1; Eph. 1:7 (cf. Psa. 9:9-10).
C. How? Plain and Simple:
1. Faith, Mk. 16:15-16; Gal. 3:26-27 )
2. Repentance, Acts 2:38 } Baptism
3. Confession, Acts 8:36-37; Rom. 10:9-10 )
II. IT TAKES FAITH AND COURAGE TO DO GODíS WILL, 2 Cor. 5:7 (Heb. 11:6); 2 Pet. 1:5; 1 Cor. 16:13.
A. To Leave the World of Sinful Pleasures, Heb. 11:24-26; 1 Cor. 6:9-11.
B. To Leave a False Religion, Gal. 1:13-14.
C. To Leave Family for Christís Sake, Matt. 10:34-37.
D. To Look Forward and not Backward, Phil. 3:13-14.
III. ALL OF GODíS COMMANDMENTS ARE IMPORTANT; WE MUST DO ALL Ė TO OBEY ONLY PART IS FUTILE, Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 10:33; Jas. 2:10.
A. Godís Grace is obtained by an Obedient Faith, Titus 2:10-11.
B. Lotís Wife did Part of What God Said.
1. Left city...but looked back Ė Might as well have stayed in the city!
2. Convince ourselves that we are doing some things right--Okay!
a. Plan of salvation ("Believe + Repent + Confess faith...but not baptism!").
b. Worship: Can pray, L.S., sing, give, & still be vain if donít have proper heart, Jno. 4:24.
c. Attend/prayer/study/moral Ö some of the time, Rev. 3:15-16.
3. Godís grace requires our complete obedience.
IV. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE GOAL.
A. On Christ, Heb. 12:1-2 (Lk. 6:40; Col. 3:10).
B. On Heaven, Col. 3:1-4; Heb. 11:10, 13-16.
-Donít turn back to the world and its sin, 2 Pet. 2:20-22.
V. THE CONSEQUENCES OF DISOBEDIENCE, Gen. 19:26; Gal. 6:7-8; Heb. 2:1-3.
-Punishment is swift, certain and inescapable (1 Ths. 5:2-3)
VI. FLEE TO SAFETY! 2 Tim. 2:22 (1 Cor. 10:13)
-(Every form of evil, 1 Ths. 5:22)
1. The swift and certain nature of divine judgment (Lk. 17:32).
2. Leave sin: Donít look backÖFlee to safety (or be consumed)!
3. Remember Lotís wife!