Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 34:14-19
The Lost Bible
1. Who hasnít misplaced something important to them (keys, Bible?).
2. Imagine an entire nation Ė one that claimed to be the special people of God Ė losing the Bible! It has happened, 2 Chrn 34:14-19.
3. We are in danger of losing the Bible in our lives and in the church (Godís kingdom)!
I. THE BIBLE IS LOST TODAY IN THE HOME, 2 Tim 1:5.
A. The Bible is Lost when it is not Learned and Lived in the Home.
1. The destruction of marriage, Matt 19:6; Heb 13:4.
2. The destruction of morality, Eph 5:3-7.
3. The destruction of member responsibility, Eph 6:1-4.
B. Make Room in Your Home for Godís Word, Jno 8:37.
II. THE BIBLE IS LOST TODAY IN DIVISION, 1 Cor 1:12-13; 4:6.
A. Twisted to Satisfy Carnal Impulses Like Selfishness and Pride, 1 Cor 3:3-4; cf. Diotrephes, 3 Jno 10-11.
B. Be Committed to Godís Truth and Committed to Serving Others Instead of Yourself, Eph 4:1-6.
III. THE BIBLE IS LOST TODAY IN APATHY, Zeph 1:12; Rev 3:15-17.
A. Apathy Prepares the Heart to Drift Away from God and His Word, Heb 2:1-3.
B. Apathy and Neglect Shows Misplaced Values, Mk 8:36-38 (Psa 19:10-11).
IV. THE BIBLE IS LOST TODAY IN SENSATIONALISM, Acts 8:9-11.
A. This is Following Men and Causes the Bible to be Lost on Personality (pulpiteers, entertainers, etc.).
B. The Gospel of the Cross is a Sensational Message Based on Divine Wisdom, not Human Appeal, 1 Cor 1:18-21; 2:1-5.
V. THE BIBLE IS LOST TODAY ON EMOTIONALISM, Jno 6:44-45.
A. God Calls Sinners with the Gospel, not Feelings, 2 Ths 2:14.
1. A message of grace and salvation, Tit 2:11-12.
2. Gospel truth produces emotions of sorrow, contrition and repentance, Acts 2:37-38.
VI. THE BIBLE IS LOST TODAY IN THE PULPIT, 2 Tim 4:1-5.
A. Preaching has turned into Pop Psychology, Motivational Speaking and "Feel Good" Sessions.
1. Not reproof and rebuke of sin/error.
2. Not exhortation from inspired Scripture.
3. Preachers must examine what they are teaching, for their benefit and those who hear them, 1 Tim 4:16.
4. Speak as the utterances of God Ė not the opinions and ideas of men.
a. Speak of sin and salvation (Rom 1:16; 6:23).
b. Speak of sound doctrine and false doctrine (2 Tim 1:13).
c. Speak of morality and immorality (2 Cor 7:1).
d. Speak of heaven and hell; reward and punishment; Godís goodness and severity (Rom 11:22).
-Preach the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27).
1. Finding Godís book in the days of Josiah led to great reform. Unfortunately, the reform was short lived. Soon, Judah returned to evil and was punished with captivity for her sins.
2. We must not lose the Bible in our lives, or we will be eternally lost!
Adapted from Barnes' Bible Charts