Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 34:14-19
Have You Lost Your Bible?
1. Who hasnít misplaced something important (keys, etc.). Have you ever lost your Bible?
2. Imagine an entire nation, one that claimed to be Godís special people, losing the Bible. It has happened, 2 Chron. 34:14-19.
3. We are in danger of losing the Bible in our lives and in the church.
I. THE BIBLE IS LOST IN THE HOME, 2 Tim. 1:5.
A. The Bible is Lost When it is Not Learned and Lived in the Home.
1. The destruction of marriage, Matt. 19:6; Heb. 13:4.
2. The destruction of responsibility, Eph. 6:1-4.
B. Make Room in Your Home for Godís Word, John 8:37.
II. THE BIBLE IS LOST IN DIVISION, 1 Cor. 1:12-13; 4:6.
A. Twisted to Satisfy Carnal Impulses of Selfishness and Pride, 1 Cor. 3:3-4; cf. Diotrephes, 3 John 10-11.
B. Be Committed to Godís Truth and Committed to Serving Others Instead of Yourself, Eph 4:1-6.
III. THE BIBLE IS LOST IN APATHY, Zeph. 1:12; 3:5; Rev. 3:15-17.
A. Apathy Prepares the Heart to Drift Away from God and His Word, Heb 2:1-3.
B. Apathy and Neglect Shows Misplaced Values, Heb. 6:9-12.
IV. THE BIBLE IS LOST IN SENSATIONALISM, Acts 8:9-11.
A. Following Men and Causes the Bible to be Lost on Personalities (pulpiteers, profiteers, entertainers, etc.).
B. The Gospel of the Cross is a Sensational Message Based on Divine Wisdom, not Human Appeal, 1 Cor. 1:18-21; 2:1-5.
V. THE BIBLE IS LOST IN EMOTIONALISM, John 6:44-45.
A. God Calls Sinners with the Gospel, not Feelings, 2 Thess. 2:14.
1. A message of grace and salvation, Titus 2:11-12.
2. Gospel truth produces emotions of sorrow, contrition, and repentance, Acts 2:37-38.
VI. THE BIBLE IS LOST IN MANY PULPITS, 2 Tim. 4:1-5.
A. Preaching has Turned into Motivational Speaking (rah-rah sessions).
1. Instruction in righteousness from Scripture (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
2. Reproof and rebuke of sin and error.
3. Exhortation from the inspired Scriptures.
4. Preachers must examine ourselves and what we teach (for our benefit and those who hear us), 1 Tim. 4:16.
5. Speak the utterances of God, not the opinions and ideas of men.
a. Speak of sin and salvation (Rom. 1:16; 6:23).
b. Speak of sound doctrine and false doctrine (Titus 2:1).
c. Speak of morality and immorality (2 Cor. 7:1).
d. Speak of heaven and hell; reward and punishment; Godís goodness and severity (Rom. 11:22).
e. Preach the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27).
1. Finding Godís book in the days of Josiah led to great reforms. But the reforms were short-lived. Soon, Judah returned to evil and was punished with captivity for her sins (2 Chron. 34:24-25).
2. If we lose the Bible in our lives we will be eternally lost.
Source: Barnesí Bible Charts
By: Joe R. Price
Posted September 23, 2021