1. Heb. 10:19-20 - The blood of Jesus gives us access & boldness to approach the very presence of God for mercy! (cf. 9:11-12; 23-26)
2. Heb. 10:21 - As High Priest, He always serves our spiritual interests.
3. This motivates us to committed service in God's house - Heb. 3:6; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Cor. 3:16-17.
4. Heb. 10:22-25 - Three exhortations beginning with "let us"--
I. LET US DRAW NEAR TO GOD - 10:22. (To worship Him, serve Him & be blessed by
A. With A True Heart - Matt. 6:24.
B. In Full Assurance Of Faith - cf. Jas. 1:6-8; Heb. 4:14-16.
C. Having Hearts Sprinkled From An Evil Conscience - Heb. 9:14; 13:18; 1 Pet. 1:2
D. Having Bodies Washed With Pure Water - cf. 1 Pet. 3:21 (Acts 8:38); Acts 22:16.
II. LET US HOLD FAST THE CONFESSION OF (OUR) HOPE - 10:23 (4:14).
A. Without Wavering:
1. Due to unbelief - 3:12-13, 18-19; 4:11
2. Due to immaturity & spiritual sluggishness - 6:9-12; 5:12-14.
3. Due to a return to sin - 12:1.
B. Because You Have Made A Personal Confession - cf. 1 Tim. 6:12; 1:12.
1. Which causes us to listen to Jesus - 1:1-2; 2:1-3.
2. Which causes us to live by faith - Heb. 11.
3. Which causes us to continually worship & praise God - 13:15.
C. Because You Have A Sure & Steadfast Hope Set Before You.
1. Abraham's hope was real, & he obtained the promise - because of his faith (6:13-15).
2. Israel's hope was real - but they didn't hold it by faith (3:17-19).
3. Christian's hope is real - Hold it fast by being faithful! - 3:6, 14; 6:19-20
D. Because God (Who Promised) Is Faithful -
1. God has shown us that He is faithful (we can trust Him!) by keeping His promise with Abraham & by confirming it with an oath - 6:16-18.
2. Don't fall away!!
III. LET US CONSIDER ONE ANOTHER - 10:24-25.
A. Consider Each Other - cf. Phil. 2:3-4.
B. To Provoke:
1. Not to irritation, contention (Acts 15:39).
2. In a good sense - To incite, stir up, stimulate, sharpen.
3. Prov. 27:17 (sharpen each other) - Whether by rebuke (9:8; 27:6); encouragement in adversity (17:17), bearing burdens (Gal. 6:1-2), strengthening weak (Heb. 12:12-13), etc.
C. Stir Up Love.
1. The labor of love - Heb. 6:10. (Love is active when it is real.)
2. Brotherly love - Heb. 13:1.
3. 1 Jno. 3:14-19 - By having brotherly love:
a. We are confident of our eternal life (v. 14-15).
b. We have the love of God abiding in us (v. 17).
c. We are of the truth (v. 19).
D. Stir Up Good Works.
1. Such as regularly assembling with saints - 10:25 (1 Cor. 14:26).
2. Do not forsake - "Abandon, desert to leave behind among "
3. Do not relegate attending worship services to a secondary position or consideration in your life (as is the custom of some)!
4. Increased exhortation of good works in view of approaching judgment! - Heb. 13:21; Gal. 6:9-10 (1 Cor. 15:58; 2 Cor. 4:1)
1. Our lives should be lived close to God - He will never leave or forsake us! - Heb. 13:5-6
2. Let us "go forth to Him!" (Heb. 13:13)