Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: Proverbs 4:10-15
How Do You Know You Are Right?
1. How do you know that what you believe is right (true)?
2. How do you know that what this church does is right (true)?
3. Is it possible to know?
a. There is a way that is right, Jno. 14:6; Matt. 7:13-14.
b. It is possible that we are not on the right way, Matt. 7:13.
c. It is possible to be on the right way, Matt. 7:14.
4. How do you know whether you are right in the sight of God?
I. GODíS WORD IS RIGHT, Psa. 119:128, 89.
A. It Settles Every Matter, Psa. 119:89. (Fundamental issue of faith)
B. The Bible Gives Abundant Evidence that it is Right (from God).
1. Fulfilled prophecy (Isa. 42:8-9; 44:6-8).
2. Unity of the Bible (origin, message, theme, doctrines).
3. Style of writing (brevity, omissions, impartiality & calm simplicity).
4. Jesus is proof that Godís word is right (Jno. 1:14; 14:6).
II. IT HAS BEEN POSSIBLE TO KNOW THE RIGHT WAY IN THE PAST.
A. Joshua Knew & Observed the Right Way of Truth, Josh. 1:7-8; 24:15.
B. Prophet Samuel knew it was Possible, 1 Sam. 12:23-25.
C. Wise Father to his Son, Prov. 4:10-13.
D. False Teachers Forsake the Right Way, 2 Pet. 2:15.
III. JESUS TAUGHT THAT WE CAN KNOW AND DO THE TRUTH.
A. No One can come to Jesus without Knowing the Truth, Jno. 6:44-45.
B. Freedom from Sin Cannot Happen w/o Understanding, Jno. 8:31-36.
1. The Son makes you free (v. 36) by His truth (v. 32).
2. When Christís word has no place in us we are still lost, 8:37.
C. We can Handle Godís Word Properly, 2 Tim. 2:15.
IV. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT? 1 Jno. 5:13
A. First, Believe there is a Right Way of Truth (Psa. 119:128, 160).
B. Second, Test all Things against the Word of God, 1 Ths. 5:21; 2 Tim. 2:15.
-Requires reading, study and meditation, Psa. 1:1-2; Eph. 3:3-4.
C. Then, Commit Yourself to Always Obeying the Truth, Prov. 23:23.
V. WHAT IS RIGHT? (ďWhat is truth?Ē Jno. 18:38)
A. There is a Right Plan of Salvation; you can know it (Acts 16:30); Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:36-41, 47.
B. There is a Right Church; you can know whether the church of Christ is the right, Matt. 16:18; Eph. 1:22-23; 4:4; 5:23.
C. There is a Right Way to Worship God; You can know it, Jno. 4:23-24.
1. What to do: Singing (Eph. 5:19), prayer, Lordís supper, teaching (Acts 2:42), giving (1 Cor. 16:2).
2. What heart to have in worship (Heb. 12:28).
D. There is a Right Way of Moral Living; you can know what it is, Titus 2:11-12 (1 Pet. 4:1-4).
E. Whatever You DoÖ, Col. 3:17 (Matt. 28:18-20).
1. Some argue against the way of truth, saying it is all a matter of opinion.
-Truth is Godís revelation, not manís opinion, Jno. 17:17.
2. Could it be that when one argues, ďhow do you know you are right?Ē it is because they know they are wrong (lost)?
3. Be obedient to the truth, and know you are right in Godís sight (approved)! 1 Jno. 5:13