Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: John 14:7-11
Knowing God from Ephesians (II)
1. By knowing the Son we also know the Father, Jno 14:7-11.
2. As Ephesians presents the glory of Christ and His church it increases our knowledge and understanding of God.
3. Part 1: Noted that God is Blessed and blesses us with all spiritual blessings in Christ (1:3); that He is a God of mercy (2:1-10) and that He is accessible through the blood of Christ, as the church is His dwelling place with those the reconciled (2:11-18). Continue to know God in Ephesians…
Continued from Part 1:
IV. GOD HAS TOLD US WHAT HE WANTS US TO KNOW AND DO, Eph 3:2-5, 9-11.
A. God Has Revealed His Will, 3:2-5.
1. He has not kept us guessing or left us at the mercy of dreamers who exploit the gullible!
2. Once it was a mystery, but now all can know the plans and purposes of God by reading inspired Scriptures, 3:2-5.
B. The Church must Proclaim that Same Truth Today, 3:9-11.
1. God’s wisdom is made known through the church.
2. Sound forth truth as it was revealed, 1 Ths 1:8; 2 Tim 4:2.
3. Do not change it to please people, Gal 1:8-9.
V. GOD IS A GOD OF UNITY AND PEACE, Eph 4:1-6.
A. All must to Endeavor to Keep Unity and Peace, 1 Cor 1:10; 14:33. Christians are united…
1. By a common way of life, 4:1.
2. Through common attitudes of heart, 4:2-3.
3. Through a common platform of doctrine (teaching), 4:4-6.
-If God spoke different things to different people, then He is a God of confusion and a respecter of persons!
a. One Body: Unity of relationship (Eph 3:6).
b. One Spirit: Unity of life (Rom 8:2).
c. One Hope: Unity of destiny (Col 1:5).
d. One Lord: Unity of authority (Matt 28:18).
e. One Faith: Unity of revelation (Jude 3).
f. One Baptism: Unity of forgiveness (Acts 2:38).
g. One God and Father of all: Unity of worship (Matt 4:10).
VI. GOD HAS PROVIDED FOR (AND EXPECTS) PURITY AND STABILITY IN OUR DOCTRINE AND PERSONAL LIFE, Eph 4:11-5:6.
A. Christ’s Gifts Equip Us to Serve and Mature, 4:11-16.
-The inspired word is key to our service, maturity and stability, 4:11, 13, 14; cf. Col 2:6-7.
B. Corrupt Living Must Cease, 4:17-5:6.
1. Put away old man....put on the new man, 4:17-24.
2. Practical results (honest, pure speech, kind, forgiving, love, light, humility, obedient, etc.), 4:25-5:2, 26-27.
3. Do not let anyone deceive you! 5:3-6
4. Stable doctrine and stable lives are inseparable; either one without the other is improbable and inadequate!
VII. GOD DOES NOT LEAVE US TO FIGHT OUR BATTLES ALONE (unaided), Eph 6:10-17.
A. God Knows the Nature Of Our Battles, 6:12 (Heb 2:18).
B. God Has Equipped Us to Win, 6:10-11, 14-18 (2 Cor 10:3-5).
1. “The power (strength) of His might” (6:10) is the armor of truth, righteousness, preparation of the gospel, faith, salvation, the word of God, prayer, watchfulness, perseverance and supplication.
2. The battle can be won; Our God assures us of victory! 1 Tim 6:12 (Rom 8:31); 1 Cor 15:57
1. Ephesians assures us that the one and only true God is powerful…
a. To bless (1:3),
b. To save (2:1-10),
c. To reconcile us to Himself by the blood of Christ (2:10-18),
d. To make known His will (3:2-5),
e. To unite us in peace (4:3),
f. To stabilize and purify us (4:24; 5:8-10), and
g. To give us victory of Satan (6:10-13).
2. Glory to God in the church forever! Eph 3:20-21