Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 12:25-29
A Kingdom that Cannot be Shaken
1. The prophets foretold God’s promise of an indestructible kingdom to which the nations would flow, Isa. 2:1-4; Dan. 2:44.
2. That kingdom of God came with divine power, Dan. 2:34 (the Holy Spirit, Acts 1:8; 2:1-4; and the gospel, Acts 2:40-41; Rom. 1:16).
3. That kingdom is the church of Christ (Matt. 16:18-19). It is Mt. Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, the general assembly registered in heaven (Heb. 12:22-23; Phil. 3:20).
4. We are called to be thankful, serving God with honor and piety, Heb. 12:28.
I. RECEIVING A KINGDOM.
-(paralambano: “to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself (in any familiar or intimate act or relation); by anal. to assume an office; fig. to learn:--receive, take (unto, with).” (Strong’s Dictionary)
A. Christians Have Been Transferred into the Kingdom, Col. 1:13.
1. Heavenly (spiritual) kingdom, John 18:36.
2. The church, Matt. 16:18-19.
a. Saved, Acts 2:47. (conveyed, transferred).
b. Authority, headship, rule, Eph. 1:20-23. (Lk. 6:46)
3. Companions (fellow partakers) in the kingdom, Rev. 1:9.
a. We are co-participants, partners working together (cf. Lk. 5:10).
b. Fosters unity and eliminates rivalry (Eph. 4:3).
B. We Have Received the King, Christ Jesus, Col. 2:6-7.
1. As you have received Him, cf. Matt. 21:4-9 (in joyous praise and faithful, humble obedience).
2. Walk in Him, Col. 2:6, 5, 7: Good order…steadfast personal faith… stable…built up…established in the faith…as taught…with thanksgiving.
C. Because We Received the Word of the Kingdom (through apostles), Matt. 4:23; 13:18-19; 1 Thess. 2:12-13; 4:1 (Gal. 1:12); Phil. 4:9 (cf. 1 Cor. 11:23).
II. THE KINGDOM CANNOT BE SHAKEN (immovable, unchangeable, indestructible). Shakable things (old covenant, etc., Heb. 12:25-27).
A. Not Shaken by the Kingdoms of Men, Dan. 2:34-35, 44-45; Psa. 2:1-9; Rev. 17:13-14. cf. Isa. 60:11-12
B. Not Shaken by the Power of Death, Matt. 16:18; Rom. 1:4.
C. Not Shaken by the Persecutions of Men, 1 Cor. 4:9-13 (the apostles serve as our model of enduring persecutions for our faith).
D. Not Shaken by the Trials of Life, Jas. 1:2-8.
E. Not Shaken by the Power of Satan, Matt. 12:28-29; Heb. 2:14-15.
1. We must not refuse Him who speaks to us from heaven, for our God is a consuming fire, Heb. 12:25, 29.
2. If we are faithful, we will be received by Jesus when He returns, John 14:3.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted May 29, 2019