Topical Sermons Power Point Show
The Kingdom of Christ
1. A king ruling over an insurmountable kingdom was predicted in the OT: 2 Sam. 7:13-14; Psa. 2:6-7; 110:1-3; Isa. 9:6-7; Dan. 2:44; 7:13-14.
2. The angel Gabriel announced to Mary that the son she would give birth to would be king & reign over that kingdom, Lk. 1:30-33.
a. Jesus is King today, Jno. 18:36-37; Acts 2:36 (17:7).
b. That means His kingdom exists, today.
3. Yet, there are many who do not believe the kingdom of Christ was established during NT times, or that it exists today.
a. They look for a kingdom yet to come (Matt. 6:10).
b. What is truth? Who is right? “What saith the scripture?” (Gal. 4:30)
Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, Matt. 4:23 (Lk. 9:11); 13:10-11; 18-19.
Jesus announced the approach of the kingdom, Matt. 4:17; 12:28.
Jesus identified His kingdom as His church, Matt. 16:16-19.
Jesus identified the nature of the kingdom, Jno. 18:36 (Spiritual, Lk. 17:20-21; Superior, Dan. 2:44; Eternal, Lk. 1:33).
Jesus predicted the establishment of the kingdom, Lk. 12:32; Mk. 9:1 (Lk. 24:49; Acts 1:6-8; 2:1-4, 47).
The apostles proclaimed the present existence of the kingdom, Acts 20:25 (8:12); Col. 1:13; Rev. 1:9 (1 Ths. 2:11-12).
The kingdom consists of those who have received remission of sins, Rev. 1:5-6; 5:9-10 (Acts 2:37-38, 41).
Salvation depends on entering the kingdom, Lk. 16:16; Jno. 3:3-5.
The NT says we are receiving a kingdom, Heb. 12:28.
Our daily goal must be to put the kingdom of God first in our lives, Matt. 6:33; Lk. 9:62.
1. The kingdom of Christ exists today. The kingdom of Christ is the church of Christ. It is mighty and its glory is secure.
2. We must live in Christ’s kingdom NOW in order to enter the everlasting kingdom (heaven) LATER, 2 Pet. 1:10-11.
3. Obey the gospel call of God & enter His kingdom, Acts 2:37-41, 47; Col. 1:13 (1 Ths. 2:12).