Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 132:13-18
The Kingdom of God
1. OT predicted a king ruling over an insurmountable kingdom: Psa. 2:6-7; 110:1-3; Isa. 9:6-7; Dan. 2:44; 7:13-14.
2. An angel announced to Mary the child to whom she would give birth would be king of that kingdom (Lk. 1:30-33).
3. Jesus is King over God’s kingdom today, Acts 2:32-36; 17:7.
4. His kingdom is the church of Christ, Matt. 16:18-19.
5. Luke 9: Kingdom teaching gives insight about the kingdom and incentives to be a citizen of the kingdom.
I. THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM. Luke 4:43-44
A. We Must Preach the Kingdom, Lk. 9:60 (2, 11).
1. Kingdom is central to gospel (preaching Jesus), Acts 8:4-5, 12.
2. De-emphasizing the church to attract the lost is a counterfeit message. Nullifying the kingdom to get people to come into the kingdom is absurd! Rom. 1:16; 1 Pet. 2:9-10
B. We Must See the Kingdom, Lk. 9:27. [eidon: “to know, be aware …perceive, see, be sure” (Strong’s). (Translated “perceiving” in Lk. 9:47)
1. Its approach and arrival, Mk. 9:1 (Acts 1:8; 2:1ff).
2. Essential to know, discern, perceive, experience the kingdom, or we will die in our sins, cf. Jno. 3:3-5.
a. The nature of the kingdom, Lk. 9:43-45 (17:20-21).
b. Disputed their place/position in the kingdom, Lk. 9:46-48.
-Servants of one another, not rivals and/or masters over one another, cf. 1 Pet. 4:7-11.
3. Beware of pride in the kingdom, Lk. 9:49-50. (Matt. 5:3)
C. We Must be Fit for the Kingdom, Lk. 9:62.
-The totally committed are suited for the kingdom, Lk. 9:23; Matt. 6:33; Col. 3:1-3.
II. THE CITIZENS OF THE KINGDOM.
A. Delivered from Satan’s Kingdom and Conveyed (Transferred) into the Kingdom of the Son, Col. 1:13.
B. Christians have the Blessings of Citizenship in God’s Kingdom, Rev. 1:6, 9 (Heb. 12:22).
1. God’s blessings, Psa. 132:13-18.
2. cf. Beatitudes, Matt. 5:3-10 (kingdom blessings).
C. Christians Hope for the Eternal Kingdom, 2 Pet. 1:10-11.
1. Kingdom is inhabited by the righteous, Rom. 14:16-17 (Phil. 3:9).
2. Heaven: Where righteousness dwells forever, 2 Pet. 3:13; 2 Tim. 4:8.
1. The Son of God reigns over His kingdom now, Heb. 1:8-9.
2. We must hear the King, Lk. 9:35.
By: Joe R. Price
Posted: April 25, 2018