Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: John 12:37-43
What Kind of Faith?
1. We are saved by faith, Eph. 2:8; Rom. 5:1.
2. Yet, not every kind of faith will save. In fact, most kinds of faith will cause one to be lost.
I. DIFFERENT KINDS OF FAITH.
A. No Faith, Jno. 12:37-40.
1. Rejects credible evidence or ignores it, 12:37 (Rom. 1:20-21).
2. The result of hardened hearts, 12:39-40 (Rom. 1:21-22, 28).
B. Little Faith, Matt. 6:30.
1. Doubts God’s planning, power & presence to bless.
2. Doubts that we are protected by the power of God, Matt. 14:31.
3. It is expressed by fear, Matt. 8:26.
4. It shows a lack of spiritual depth & understanding, Matt. 16:5-12.
C. Weak Faith, 1 Ths. 5:14.
1. Without strength, hope, endurance & full conviction, Rom. 4:17-22.
2. Need to pay attention to the weak & hold on to him.
D. Hidden Faith, Jno. 12:42-43.
1. Will not confess Christ (Matt. 10:32-33).
2. Wrong values & priorities.
3. Will not hear and obey words of Christ, Jno. 12:46-48.
E. Only Faith (without works, obedience to God), Jas. 2:17-26.
1. No profit, 2:14-16.
2. Dead, 2:17, 20, 26.
3. Unseen, 2:18.
4. Like the demons, 2:19.
5. Barren, 2:20.
6. Does not (cannot) justify, 2:21-24.
F. Great Faith, Matt. 8:10.
1. Implicitly trusts the word of Christ; what the Lord says will come to pass (8:8).
2. Does not question the authority of Christ, but submits to it (8:9).
3. God is amazed by such faith (Lk. 7:9).
4. God greatly blesses such faith, Matt. 8:13 (cf. 8:11-12).
II. WHICH KIND OF FAITH SAVES?
A. Not: Little, Weak, Hidden, Solitary or Non-existent Faith, Heb. 11:6.
B. Faith that Obeys God, Jno. 3:14-17 (cf. Num. 21:4-9); Jas. 2:24.
1. The questions we must ask ourselves include these:
a. What kind of faith do I have?
b. What kind of faith will I have from this day forward? Matt. 7:21; Lk. 6:46.
2. “When the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (Lk. 18:8)