Power Point Show MP3 audio (NO audio file)
Scripture Reading: Jude 20-25
God Keeps Us from Falling
1. God’s interest is our salvation, Rom. 8:31-39.
2. God is able to guard us from falling, Jude 24-25.
a. Guarded through faith in our God, 1 Pet. 1:5.
b. We must participate with God and live by faith, 2 Cor. 5:7; Phil. 2:12-13; Eph. 2:10.
3. What God has done and given us to keep us from falling.
I. THE SINLESS EXAMPLE OF JESUS, 1 Pet. 2:21-22.
A. Follow His Steps, 1 Jno. 2:5-6 (obey His commands, 3:24).
1. Follow Jesus; He is the light of life, Jno. 8:12.
2. Look unto Jesus: Do not become weary and faint, Heb. 12:1-3.
II. THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST.
A. Jesus was Raised for Our Justification, Rom. 4:25.
1. Living Savior and Intercessor, Rom. 8:34.
2. Our High Priest, Heb. 7:25-27.
3. Rather than falter when tempted we must go to our High Priest and obtain boldness, Heb. 4:14-16.
B. His Resurrection Assures Ours, 2 Cor. 4:14; 1 Cor. 6:14.
III. THE WORD OF GOD, Jas. 1:21.
A. We will not Stumble when we Obey, 2 Pet. 1:10-11 (5-9).
1. Active and fruitful in God’s service (no stumbling), 1:8.
2. Make your calling and election sure…if…never fall, 1:10.
3. Abundant entrance into heaven, 1:11.
4. Growth in knowledge avoids falling, 2 Pet. 3:17-18.
5. Made fast by God according to the gospel (the preaching of Jesus Christ), Rom. 16:25.
IV. THE BLOOD OF CHRIST, 1 Jno. 1:7-9.
A. The Christian’s Cleansing from Present Sin is Available:
1. Confess (admit) sin when it occurs, 1:8, 10 (Rom. 3:23).
2. Confess our sins, 1 Jno. 1:9 –
a. To God, Psa. 32:5.
b. To those we sin against, Acts 8:22-24.
c. To those our sin affects, Jas. 5:16.
d. With godly sorrow, Psa. 38:18 (2 Cor. 7:9).
e. And forsake the sin (repentance), Prov. 28:13.
B. God’s Plan of Pardon Helps Keep Us from Falling Away, Ac 8:22.
-Includes going to the one in sin and teaching them, urging them to repent (Gal. 6:1-2; Jas. 5:19-20).
V. THE ARMOR OF GOD, Eph. 6:10-17.
A. We Wear this Armor in Faith, 6:10-13 (cf. David, 1 Sam. 17:38-40).
B. Defended from Satan and Sin, we Advance to Victory, Eph. 6:13.
VI. GOD’S LONGSUFFERING, 2 Pet. 3:14-15.
A. Because God Desires Our Repentance and Salvation, 3:9; Rom. 2:4.
1. Do not ignore or take advantage of God’s longsuffering, cf. Matt. 24:44 (Rom. 2:5-6).
2. Give diligence to be found in peace (with God) by holy and godly living, 2 Pet. 3:14 (11).
3. God’s desire and our goal: To stand before Him "without spot and blameless in his sight".
a. Jesus died and His church exists for this reason, Eph. 5:25-27.
b. To present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, Jude 24.
c. Endure present trials with joy, knowing when Christ comes we will “be glad with exceeding joy”, 1 Pet. 4:12-13.
1. God wants us all to be saved (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9). God is doing everything necessary to see that we are saved.
2. The question is: Are you taking advantage of all that God has given to be saved and to keep you from falling?
a. Become a Christian – be saved from your sins, Mk. 16:16.
b. Repent and confess your sins, 1 Jno. 1:9.
c. Live with diligent faith, 1 Jno. 5:4.
d. Looking unto Jesus - Do not become weary and faint, Gal. 6:9; Heb. 12:1-3 (3).
3. To God be the praise and adoration always! Jude 25