Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 42:1-4
What Will Jesus Do With You?
1. Part 1: What will you do with Jesus? (Betray, deny, crucify, neutral, persecute, postpone, almost or fully persuaded)
2. What will Jesus do with you (me)? cf. Acts 9:6
3. Jesus was the supreme servant of God and man, Isa. 42:1 (Matt. 12:18); Matt. 20:28; Lk. 19:10.
I. WHAT WILL JESUS DO WITH YOU?
A. Jesus Will Save You (Acts 4:12).
1. Because He has borne your sins, 1 Tim. 2:6; Heb. 9:28.
a. Christ’s humiliation, Isa. 53:4-6.
b. Purpose: Sacrifice for our sins, 53:4-5.
1) Accomplished the will of God, Heb. 10:10-12.
2) God’s love for us, 1 Jno. 4:10.
3) Result: Healed, 53:5; 1 Pet. 2:24-25.
4) Our motive to serve Him.
2. Because He has a plan of salvation, Acts 2:37-42.
-Believe (37), Repent (38), Confess faith, Rom. 10:10), Be baptized (38), Be faithful (42).
a. God’s purpose and grace, 2 Tim. 1:9.
b. “Why are you waiting?” (Acts 22:16)
B. Jesus Will Sustain You, Matt. 6:33; Phil. 4:13.
1. Because of His power, Phil. 4:13; Matt. 6:25-34.
a. God’s power in nature answers all doubts (6:25-31). You are more valuable; therefore, God will meet your needs. We must have faith.
b. God’s knowledge also assures us (6:32).
c. Our part is to put our faith to work (6:33-34).
d. Make room for Christ’s power in your life, 2 Cor. 12:9. Faith and contentment (Phil. 4:13).
2. Because of His love, Rom. 8:35-37.
a. His love displayed as Savior (32), Intercessor (34), and Defender (37-38).
b. No greater power; No greater love.
c. Will you let Him sustain you?
C. Jesus Will Discipline You (Education: instructive and corrective).
1. Because Jesus wants you to be spiritually mature, Heb. 12:3-11 (“Thou art the potter, I am the clay”).
a. Strive against sin (trials), 12:4.
b. Endurance gives a chance for us to be educated (be disciplined), 12:6.
c. Children need it, 12:7-8.
d. Necessary for life and holiness, 12:9-10.
e. Bear the fruit of righteousness, 12:11.
2. Because Jesus wants you to do His will, Phil. 2:12-13.
a. Obey His truth to secure your salvation.
b. Power of God works in us when we obey.
c. Will you be educated by Christ, then live what you learn?
D. Jesus Will Judge You.
1. Because He has this authority, Jno. 5:22-23, 26-27 (30); Acts 17:31.
2. We are answerable to Him, Rom. 14:12; 1 Pet. 4:5.
a. He will reward / punish, cf. Rev. 22:12.
b. Eternal life or punishment, Matt. 25:31-33, 46.
3. What reward will you receive?
1. What will you do with Jesus:
a. Become a Christian?
b. Be a faithful Christian, molded by the Master’s hand?
c. Honor Him now and throughout eternity?
d. Or reject all He has done and will do for you?
2. Reap what we sow (Matt. 25:46).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted March 2, 2021