I BEG YOU!
1. Have you ever begged someone for something? It was in their power to grant or do - you greatly desired it - so you begged them to do it. (cf. children of parents)
2. "Beseech" - to strongly urge, to entreaty, to beg.
3. The apostle Paul (inspired by Holy Spirit) begged various things of Christians (cf. 2 Cor. 5:20). Thus, we are being begged, too!
I. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO BE LIVING SACRIFICES - Rom. 12:1.
A. Because Of The Mercy We Have Received - Rom. 5:6-11; 1 Cor. 15:10; Titus 2:11-14.
B. To Be Acceptable To God - Rom. 12:1. cf. Lk. 6:46; 2 Cor. 5:9
II. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO JOIN HIM IN PRAYER - Rom. 15:30-32.
A. We Should Be Praying For Each Other! - cf. Eph. 6:18-20; Col. 4:2-3; 2 Ths. 3:1-2. Are we?!
-He knew God hears & answers prayer...that prayer works! - Jas. 5:16.
III. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO MARK & AVOID FALSE TEACHERS & DIVISIVE BRETHREN - Rom. 16:17.
A. Mark The Trouble-Maker [scope him out (skopeo), watch, observe, to as to take heed].
1. Factious: Causes divisions & offenses (stumbling-blocks) - Titus 3:10-11.
2. False teacher: Contrary to the "doctrine you learned" - cf. Rom. 6:17 (1:16).
B. Avoid Such People - Rom. 16:17; cf. 2 Tim. 3:1-5.
1. Why? 2 Tim. 2:16-18 - To stop increase of sin (v. 16-17), to prevent the overthrow of peoples faith.
2. Cannot allow intimidation, threats, discomfort, etc. to keep us from obeying these clear instructions!
IV. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO BE UNITED IN CHRIST - 1 Cor. 1:10 (cf. Phil. 4:2).
A. Requirements Of Unity - Eph. 4:1-6:
1. Worthy walk - v. 1 (beseech).
2. Worthy attitudes - v. 2.
3. Worthy effort - v. 3.
4. Worthy basis (truth) - v. 4-6.
V. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO IMITATE HIM - 1 Cor. 4:14-16 (Gal. 4:12).
A. Mark Out Those Who Follow The Pattern Of The Apostles - Phil. 3:17; 4:9.
1. Christ is the model -- the perfect example - 1 Cor. 11:1 (Jno. 13:15).
2. Are you being an example for others to follow? In holiness... devotion... faithfulness... service... character... obedience.....?!
VI. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO NOT RECEIVE GODS GRACE IN VAIN - 2 Cor. 6:1-2.
A. By Being Faithful To Obey The Truth Of Christ - Gal. 5:4-7.
B. By Rejecting False Gospels - Gal. 1:6-7.
C. By Not Turning Back To Sin - Heb. 10:26-29, 39.
VII. PAUL BEGGED CHRISTIANS TO ABOUND IN LOVE FOR EACH OTHER - 1 Ths. 4:9-10.
A. Every Christian Deserves To Be Loved By His Brethren! cf. 1 Jno. 3:14-15; 4:7-11.
1. Are we looking out for the welfare of every Christian - or just those we personally like or feel close to?! (love in "deed & truth"! - 1 Jno. 3:18)
1. If someone we hold in high regard begged us to do something, we would do so.
2. How highly do we respect God? He is begging us to get right with Him and do His will in all things!!