1. Resolve to do what is right grows out of our decision to put our faith & truth in God - Matt. 6:33.
2. Continue to let the Psalms help us identify where to direct our resolve & commitment.
3. "I will "
I. I WILL WALK IN TRUTH.
A. With Singular Devotion - Psa. 86:11 (cf. Matt. 6:22-24; Heb. 12:1- 2). See how reverence helps our devotion (v. 11).
B. By Applying Divine Wisdom - Psa. 101:2-4 (Jas. 3:13-18; Col. 4:5).
1. Before all men (2 Cor. 8:21).
2. In our home (families) - v. 2.
3. Concerning every evil thing - v. 3.
4. Keep a pure heart - v. 4 (Matt. 5:8).
C. By Maintaining Moral Purity - Psa. 26:6-12.
1. To be in the presence of God - v. 6-8 (1 Jno. 1:6-7).
2. To avoid corruption & danger - v. 9-10 (1 Cor. 15:33).
3. To obtain God's mercy - v. 11-12.
II. I WILL DEVELOP MY FAITH.
A. By Remembering My Sin - Psa. 38:18. (keep humility & godly sorrow over sin - 1 Tim. 1:12-13; Jas. 4:9-10).
B. By Controlling My Tongue - Psa. 39:1.
1. To speak good things - Col. 4:6.
2. To not speak evil - Jas. 3:9-10 (Eph. 4:29).
C. By Judging Uprightly - Psa. 75:2. (right treatment of others)
1. Without hypocrisy - Matt. 7:1-5.
2. Righteously - Jno. 7:24. (By seeking God's will! - Jno. 5:30)
D. By Studying & Teaching The Things Of God - Psa. 77:11-12 (Heb. 5:12).
III. I WILL LIVE IN FAITHFUL REMEMBRANCE.
A. Of The Word & Will Of God - Psa. 119:15-16, 47.
-Without knowing God's word we cannot do His will!
B. By Being Thankful For God's Judgments - Psa. 119:62.
1. A faithful Christian always remembers to be thankful that God's judgments overrule all the injustices of man and continues to be faithful.
2. Don't lose heart when evil appears to be winning! - Eph. 3:13
3. The victory over evil belongs to Christ! - Rom. 8:37
C. By Carefully Obeying God's Laws - Psa. 119:8 (Matt. 7:21-23; Heb. 5:9).
1. Being a Christian takes resolve of heart & dedication of life.
2. Fight the good fight stay the course keep the faith -- Reward ahead! - 2 Tim. 4:7-8
Go back to Part I