Power Point Show MP3 audio
Hard Words to Say
By Tanner Bass
Our words are important, Prov. 18:21; Jas. 3:6-12. Others will judge us by our words. We must choose our words wisely, Prov. 21:23.
I. WORD #1 NO
A. Why is NO a hard word to say?
- Difficult to say in times of temptation, 2 Sam. 11
- A desire can become more important than following Instruction, Gen. 3.
-Can become afraid of conflict / confrontation; Pilate in Luke 23.
- Fear of being different, 1 John 2:15-17.
- It can be easier to just say, YES!
II. WORD #1 Im Sorry
A. Why can Im Sorry be hard to say?
- Feelings of anger are held on too tight
- We are not to hold grudges. What if God did?
- Too prideful to admit fault, Prov. 16:18
- Easier to blame others, Gen. 3:11-12; 15; Jas. 1:14
- We try to reduce our errors.
- Im Sorry admits I was wrong / truth must be accepted, 2 Sam. 12:13; 24:10
-Let us have some integrity! Prov. 11:3
III. WORD #3 I Forgive You
A. Why can I Forgive You be hard to say?
- It can be hard to forgive others, BUT it is necessary! Matt. 6:14-15; Luke 17:3-4; Eph. 4:31-32; Mark 11:25
- I Forgive You means we have to let go; Some do not to let go of others faults.
IV. WORD #4 Thank You
A. Why can Thank You be hard to say?
- We can be not appreciative enough
- Are YOU an ungrateful person?
- A Christian has much to be thankful for! Jn. 3:16
- We are commanded to be a thankful people!
1 Chron. 16:34; Ps. 7:17; 1 Cor. 1:4; Eph. 5:4; Phil. 4:6; Col. 3:15; 1 Thess. 5:18
By: Tanner Bass
Posted: August 11, 2017