Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 11:12-15
The "Good" Satan Does
1. Of course, there is nothing good in Satan, John 8:44.
2. But the deceiver pretends much good, 2 Cor. 11:14-15 (2:11).
3. Satan came among the sons of God (Job 1:6-7). Still does.
a. He came to Jesus to tempt Him, Matt. 4:3.
b. He comes to tempt us, James 1:14-16; Blessed by enduring, 1:12.
4. Satan often disguises himself in good deeds; we must be vigilant.
I. SATAN ATTENDS EVERY WORSHIP SERVICE (Heb. 10:25; Job 1:6).
A. His Motive for Being Present is Evil; What is Our Motive?
1. Gladness and joyful worship? Ps. 122:1; John 4:24; Heb. 13:15
2. Grudging presence? 1 John 5:3; cf. 2 Cor. 9:7
B. When Satan Attends Worship His Conduct is Disruptive, Job 1:7.
1. What about our conduct?
2. Reverent in attitude and conduct, cf. Neh. 8:5-6; Acts 2:42.
3. Are we truly worshiping: Singing? Praying? Giving? LS? Word?
4. Does Satanís presence cause you to offer vain, sinful worship?
II. SATAN ATTENDS EVERY MENíS BUSINESS MEETING.
A. He Tries to Destroy Unity of the Church, Acts 6:1 (Phil. 2:14).
1. By promoting a Diotrephes attitude, 3 John 9-11 (1 Pet. 5:2-3).
2. By ďchoosing sidesĒ instead of choosing Christ (1 Cor. 1:12-13).
B. Menís Business Meetings Must Not Become the Devilís Workshop.
-All levels of spiritual maturity; Mandated to build agreement to work together in unity, Col. 3:12-15; 1 Pet. 1:15-16; 5:5-6.
III. SATAN ATTENDS EVERY BIBLE CLASS.
A. He Promotes Wrong Attitudes and Uses of Godís Word.
-(Remember, the devil talks about God and quotes scripture, too.)
1. He is argumentative, 2 Tim. 2:14, 23 (play the ďdevilís advocateĒ).
2. Raises doubts and stumbling blocks, Matt. 18:6-7; Rom. 16:17-18.
3. Tries to take over the class, cf. 1 Tim. 2:12; Opinion session.
-Our Bible study is for Godís approval, not the devilís, 2 Tim. 2:15.
IV. SATAN VISITS EVERY HOME.
A. He Sits at Every Dinner Table. Do you give thanks? The devil doesnít, 1 Tim. 4:4-5; cf. Acts 27:33-36.
B. He Offers Every Form of Evil Entertainment, Eph. 5:8-11 (1 Cor. 15:33-34). (Devil says it wonít hurt you.)
C. He is Present During Every Disagreement, Eph. 4:29-32 (5:21).
V. SATAN IS ZEALOUS AND DILIGENT IN HIS WORK, 1 Pet. 5:8.
A. He Will Use Every Situation Against You; cf. 2 Cor. 12:7.
1. To discourage you (cf. 12:8).
2. To raise doubt about Godís power and presence (cf. 12:9-10).
3. To undermine and overthrow your faith (James 1:2-3).
4. In every situation we must see and do Godís will with the faith that Godís purposes prevail, Rom. 8:31, 37 (31-39).
1. Ignorance of the devilís devices is fertile soil for him to wreak havoc on your soul, 2 Cor. 2:11.
2. Watch and pray not to enter temptation, Matt. 26:41; 6:13.
3. The armor of God protects us, but we must put it on (Eph. 6:10-17).
By: Joe R. Price
Posted October 21, 2021