2. God's people abide in the word of Christ - Jno. 8:31.
3. Are you counted among the people of God?
I. WE GENERALLY (& CORRECTLY) IDENTIFY THE CHURCH BY:
A. Terms Of Admission (Acts 2:37-41, 47): H-B-R-C-B.
B. Name Of The Church (Matt. 16:18; Rom. 16:16): church of Christ.
C. Items Of Worship (Jno. 4:24): L.S.-Prayer-Sing-Give-Preach.
D. Organization Of The Church (Phil. 1:1; Acts 14:23): Local, autonomous, independent congregations.
E. Work Of The Church (Acts 6:2-4): Evangelize, edify, limited benevolence.
II. JESUS USED TWO OTHER CHARACTERISTICS TO IDENTIFY HIS PEOPLE:
A. God's People Love One Another - Jno. 13:34-35. ("by this... - v. 35)
1. Love opens doors of opportunity to us!
2. Love compels us to:
a. Serve each other - Gal. 5:13.
b. Exhort & correct each other - Rom. 12:9-10; 1 Pet. 4:8.
c. Help bear each others' burdens of life - 1 Jno. 3:16-19.
d. Love each other the way God has loved us! - 1 Jno. 4:7-11.
B. God's People Work - Jno. 15:7-8; Rom. 7:4.
1. Not just any work: The work of God - Jno. 15:4; 9:4; Matt. 9:38.
2. Every Christian can work in God's house. 2 Tim. 2:20-21
a. Must prepare yourself to work! cf. 2 Tim. 2:15 (Bible study)
b. Must do your part! Eph. 4:16. Your are important!
c. Must use your abilities! 2 Cor. 8:1-5 (Matt. 25:14-15).
2. If we are not loving & working.....we are not God's people (God is not with us)!
3. Can we say we are the people of God?