Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 3:1-6
1. Every house is built by someone, Heb. 3:4.
a. House: Dwelling placeÖthose who live there (home, family).
b. House is applied to a royal dynasty (House of Windsor)
c. House is applied to the dwelling place of God among men (temple).
d. House is applied to the church built by Christ (Heb. 3:6).
2. Concerned with the house built by Almighty God, Psa. 127:1.
3. King David defeated his enemiesÖexaltedÖbuilt a house, 2 Sam. 5:10-12.
a. Desired to build a house for God, 2 Sam. 7:1-3.
b. God declared He would build Davidís house (kingdom, dynasty), 7:11-17.
4. The house God promised to build from the seed of David is fulfilled in Jesus Christ & His kingdom, His church.
I. SOLOMON BUILT GOD A HOUSE (TEMPLE), 1 Kgs. 5:1-5.
A. God Would Bless it & Dwell There if Solomon (Israel) was Faithful, 1 Kgs. 6:11-14; 8:14-21.
B. God was not Confined to the Temple (House) Solomon Built, 1 Kgs. 8:27.
1. Yet, God would have regard for that place & His people, 8:28-30; 9:3.
2. God would establish Solomonís throne (house) if faithful, 9:4-9.
II. GOD DOES NOT DWELL IN TEMPLES BUILT BY MEN, Acts 7:44-50.
A. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Built a House for God, Heb. 3:3-4 (8:1-2).
B. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Rules over the House of God, Heb. 3:6; Lk. 1:30-35.
III. THE CHURCH OF CHRIST IS THE HOUSE OF GOD, Matt. 16:16-18; Heb. 3:6.
A. The Church is the Temple of God, 1 Pet. 2:4-10; Eph. 2:19-22.
B. The Church is the Kingdom of God, Rev. 1:5-6; Psa. 132:11-14.
1. Jesus rules as king, Psa. 2:6-7; Acts 2:32-36; Rev. 1:4-5; Heb. 3:6.
2. All nations are in His kingdom (house), Isa. 2:2-4.
a. His law (gospel) went forth from Jerusalem, Lk. 24:47.
b. His kingdom is not of this world, Jno. 18:36.
c. His people are a royal nation, 1 Pet. 2:9.
d. Christians rule over sin & death through Christ, Rev. 5:9-10.
3. Must be in Godís kingdom to be saved, Col. 1:13; Jno. 3:3, 5.
C. The Church is the Family of God, 1 Tim. 3:15; Gal. 4:1-7.
1. Jesus Christ is due our Honor &Obedience, Heb. 3:3 (1, 6).
a. As King over the kingdom (house) of God, Lk. 6:46.
b. As High Priest serving in the temple of God, Heb. 3:1; 7:24-8:1.
c. As Son of God over the family of God, Heb. 3:6.
2. Inherit the blessings of God our Father through the Son, Gal. 4:7.
1. Godís house is composed of Christians (those who are saved from their sins by Jesus Christ).
2. Godís house is the church of Christ: The temple of God, the kingdom of God, the family of God.
3. You can be saved from your sins by Jesus Christ & added to His church, Acts 2:36-38, 41, 47.