Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 33:8-22
1. God sees everything, Heb. 4:13.
2. That is a compelling reason for us to live with an abiding knowledge of His presence, Psa. 139:1-7.
a. The Christian rejoices in this, because his Father is close, always caring, always providing, always blessing, Matt. 7:7-11; et al.
b. For the wicked, it is a reminder of the divine call to repent and be saved, or continue to insult God and face His wrath in judgment, Rom. 1:18; 2:1-6.
3. Consider things "God saw" that provokes our wonder and praise, our faith and devotion, as well as an urgent turning to Him for His mercy and eternal rest.
I. GOD SAW THAT HIS CREATION WAS VERY GOOD, Gen. 1:31 (Psa. 104:24).
A. His Wisdom and Judgment is Seen in Everything Around Us, cf. Psa. 8:3-9. cf. Isa. 40:26
1. Promotion of faith, Acts 14:15-17 (Rom. 1:19-21).
2. Provisions for mankind, Matt. 5:45. (Psa. 107:33-42, 43)
3. Promises of something far better (cf. 2 Pet. 3:13).
II. GOD SAW THAT THE WICKEDNESS OF MAN WAS GREAT IN THE EARTH, Gen. 6:5.
A. The Growth of Sin, Gen. 6:1-2 (Rom. 5:14).
1. Sin corrupts the innocent, pure and all that is “good”.
2. Men began to call on name of the Lord, Gen. 4:26. (Like-minded with God; descendants of Seth in contrast to the sons of Cain.)
3. The sons of God became enamored with the daughters of men, giving themselves to the pleasures of the flesh (lust) which led them farther and farther from God, Rom. 1:24-28; Matt. 5:28-29.
a. “to look at, see, regard, look after, see after, learn about, observe, watch, look upon, look out, find out…to see, observe, consider, look at, give attention to, discern, distinguish” (BDB).
b. “The daughters of the stirring Cainites, distinguished by the graces of nature, the embellishments of art, and the charms of music and song, even though destitute of the loftier qualities of likemindedness with God, would attract attention and prompt to unholy alliances.” (Barnes Notes on the Bible) Gen. 6:3-4
4. Your morals will be affected (changed) by who you decide to set your eyes on for relationships in this life. Marriage, friendships… 2 Tim. 2:22.
5. The choice you make in a mate has eternal effects! cf. 1 Pet. 3:7
B. The Proliferation and Punishment of Sin, Gen. 6:5-8.
1. Sin’s defilement of heart and life, cf. Eph. 4:17-19.
2. God’s disgust over sin and the sorrow it causes Him, 6:6.
3. God’s righteous judgment against sin, 6:7; Rom. 2:2-3.
III. GOD SAW THEIR WORKS, THAT THEY TURNED FROM THEIR EVIL WAY, Jonah 3:10.
A. Faith Prompts Repentance, Jonah 3:6-9 (Lk. 11:32).
1. We must fully trust in God to forgive and repent!
2. Faith in action is seen by God!
3. See their works, 3:7-8. Sinners must act in ways that show a change of heart/life (repentance). (Works of repentance are not hidden! 2 Cor. 7:11)
a. Fasting and prayer: Devoted pleas to God.
b. Sackcloth and ashes: Mourning, grief and humiliation.
c. Turn from their sins (cease them completely; change of their whole lives!).
4. No sin is beyond man’s ability to repent and God’s ability to forgive, 1 Tim. 1:13-16.
5. God warns us of His judgment against our sins -- What reaction is God seeing in us? (Rom. 6:23; Matt. 25:46)
a. Hardened acknowledgement? Heb. 3:12 (“I don’t care!”)
b. Disregarding delay? Acts 24:25 (“I will change soon.”)
c. Defensive excuses? Hab. 2:20 (God lives; be silent before Him!)
d. Urgent repentance and obedience? Acts 2:40; 22:16; Heb. 3:13
1. Life is worth living when our eyes are on the One whose eyes are always on us, 1 Pet. 3:10-12.
2. Our only hope is to trust in God, whose eyes are on those who fear Him, Psa. 33:18-22.