Power Point Show MP3 audio
Scripture Reading: Psalm 15
I Searched For A Man
1. God searched for a man who would ďstand in the gapĒ to protect His people from defilement and His certain wrath against sin, Ezek. 22:30 (cf. Moses, Ps. 106:23). God looks for godly men in a godless world.
2. A man can be Godís man in todayís world, Titus 2:1-2, 6-8.
3. Donít be fooled into accepting the worldís definition of a ďreal manĒ Ė often it is not the man for which God searches.
I. THE WORLDíS VIEW OF MANHOOD.
A. When You Reach Legal Age (18, 21 years old; cf. 1 Kings 12:6-8).
B. Physical Strength (virile, muscular, fit, ďmight makes rightĒ). Good genes that continue the species.
1. Wonít always be vigorous, but no less a man, Ps. 71:9; Prov. 20:29.
2. cf. Samson: Young, strong, yet foolish.
C. Wealthy (money-making ability), Luke 12:15; cf. Jesus, 9:58.
D. Macho-Man (tough guy; May come from pride, Prov. 21:4; 16:18).
1. ďIím my own man and nobody is going to tell me what to do!Ē
2. This ďmanĒ hasnít yet learned that we all live under authority to someone or something (Matt. 8:9).
E. The Feminized Man. (The modern ďpajama boy man-child.Ē)
1. Feminism in America has stripped men of credibility and leadership roles in the home, society, and the church, 1 Cor. 11:3.
2. Men have helped and bear responsibility. (cf. Gen. 3:12).
3. Result: Distorted views of gender roles (men and women); Weak men, families, nations, and churches.
II. BE STRONG AND PROVE YOURSELF TO BE A MAN, 1 Kings 2:1-3.
A. Godís Man is Strong in Faith, 2:2 (cf. Josh. 1:6, 7, 9).
1. Moral courage and the fortitude of faith (not physical prowess) identify Godís man, 1 Cor. 16:13 (cf. 2 Pet. 1:5).
2. You will be challenged every day (family, work, friends, responsibilities, temptations, etc.).
3. Godís man wears the shield of faith (Eph. 6:16).
B. Godís Man is Obedient, 2:3.
1. Humble, obedient faith that walks in Godís ways marks Godís man, cf. 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
2. Wise and solid foundation for life, Matt. 7:24-25.
C. Godís Man is Responsible, 2:3.
1. Keeps the charge of the Lord: Godís man knows he is a steward of the blessings and gifts of God, cf. 1 Cor. 4:1-2.
2. Accepts his role and work; Holds himself responsible and answerable; doesnít blame others when he bears responsibility.
3. Dependable, reliable and trustworthy: Wife, children, parents, co-workers, the church, God.
D. Godís Man is Honorable, 2:4.
1. Truth and integrity of heart identify Godís man, cf. Matt. 22:37.
2. Clean and steadfast heart, Ps. 51:10.
3. His motives are upright, his attitudes pure.
III. GOD IS LOOKING FOR UPRIGHT MEN, Jer. 5:1; Isa. 66:2.
A. Godís Man is Just and Fair, Jer. 5:1.
1. Godís man does not promote himself at the expense of others, not oppressive.
2. He is honest, equitable, and just in his treatment of others; He does not surrender his integrity.
a. Toward his wife, 1 Pet. 3:5-7.
b. Toward his children, Col. 3:21.
c. Toward his word in business, etc., Ps. 15:4-5.
B. Godís Man is a Seeker of Truth, 5:1.
1. He shuns evil, pursues truth and righteousness, 1 Tim. 6:11-12.
2. Conforms himself to Godís word, 2 Tim. 3:16-17 (2 Tim. 2:15).
C. Godís Manís Conduct Blesses Others, 5:1.
1. Godís man is concerned about the welfare of others, cf. Gal. 6:1-2.
2. His example and influence helps those around him (1 Pet. 2:12).
D. Godís Man Knows His Limitations and Trusts in God (not himself), Isa. 66:2.
1. Godís man is humble and merciful of heart, which governs his conduct before God and toward others, Micah 6:6-8.
2. Knows he stands before Almighty God, Ps. 8:4, 9.
1. There is no man (except Jesus) who has not sinned in these matters, 1 Kings 8:46.
2. God forgives. Godís man reverently waits on the Lord, Ps. 130:3-4.
3. Whose man will you be: The worldís man, or Godís man? (Ladies: Which man do you want your man to be?)
By: Joe R. Price
Posted October 27, 2021