Topical Sermons Power Point Show
Scripture Reading: Daniel 3:13-18
Our God is Able
1. Impressed with the simplicity of NT Christianity (a life given to God to use as He wants Phil. 2:12-13):
a. Life of faith / trust Heb. 11:1, 6.
b. Life of submissive obedience Lk. 6:46.
c. Life of good works Eph. 2:10.
2. The faith of Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego illustrates what our faith should be Dan. 3:13-18.
a. Had faith in the power of God He is active & able to fulfill His desires & will.
b. cf. Mk. 10:27; Job 42:2; Eccl. 3:14 Therefore, we should always reverence God.
3. God calls on us to trust Him because He is able:
I. TO GIVE & SUSTAIN LIFE.
A. Gods Power Displayed in Creation Psa. 33:6-9; Acts 17:24-28.
1. We accept this by faith, based on evidence Heb. 11:3.
2. Evidence produces faith (cf. Design Designer; First Cause).
3. Our response: Seek God Acts 17:27-28.
II. TO SAVE OUR SOULS 2 Cor. 5:17-21.
A. Salvation is Only from God 5:18, 21.
1. Through Christ (death); Word of reconciliation (gospel) 5:18-19.
2. We must respond in faith & obey the word to be reconciled to God 5:20.
3. Baptism is an action of faith in the work (power) of God Col. 2:12.
4. No other way / power of salvation Acts 4:12 (Rom. 1:16).
III. TO DELIVER US cf. Dan. 3:24-27.
A. From the Trials of Faith Dan. 3:17-18 (cf. Psa. 33:16-22); Rom. 8:31-39.
B. From Temptations Matt. 6:13; 2 Pet. 2:9; 1 Cor. 10:13.
C. From Sorrows Jno. 16:20-22.
1. Joy of salvation cannot be taken from you.
2. Heb. 12:2 Joy is set before us, too!
IV. TO REWARD US cf. Dan. 3:28-30.
A. With Eternal Life Titus 1:2; Jas. 1:12.
B. For a Life of Faith 2 Tim. 4:7-8.
1. Too often, we want heaven without trusting in & obeying God here on earth!
2. Rom. 2:7, 10 Active, obedient faith is rewarded with eternal life.
V. TO PUNISH.
A. God will Punish Sinners for their Sins 2 Ths. 1:8-9 (Rom. 6:23).
1. Many reject this Bible truth & refuse to trust this God.
2. Remember the flood 2 Pet. 2:4-5; 3:5-7.
1. Psa. 62:8-12 Trust in God at all times He is able to respond to & meet your needs.
a. Not man, might, evil, riches, or anything else of this world is able to bless & sustain you like the Almighty God!
b. God will render to every man according to his works.
2. Bring your works into harmony with Gods will & be eternally saved.